1) Alvin, my BMT mate (aka caydias) has donated 1 bag of vitameal to save 30 people for a day.
And he has decided to help spread the message to his company for me to raise more if possible.
2) Qin Xian my NTU Psychology classmate shared the donation of 1/2 a bag with me. We fed 15 people for a day each.
3) Eugene, my hall and block mate met with a financial crisis for now, but he decided to share this message to his workplace to raise Vitameals as well :)
Thanks to these 3 people :)
24/5/08
4) Samuel (NTU Psychology) and Alex (hall, block mate) has each help with 1/2 a bag :)
Ya, I know it's a bit ex for us students. But just think, what if we put our feet into the victims situation.... Many people is raising funds, it's good there's organisations are helping to build up the "resource" for the helpers to purchase food and aids. For now, victims need: Shelter and Food. And it's still not enough...
And 2nd phase of the disaster is predicted to start now.... epidemic. Corpses are rotting... waters are getting more contaminated....
Imagine being in this catastrophic place....
And do donate to Myanmar as well. Despite the government's act, the people there needs help. And now that we have gained access to supply aids to the victims there, pls don't just donate to China only...
尸比寿更有福
Do help if you can.
25/05/08 ULTRA Update
5) Wei Loong, my secondary school friend, is in the army still. With his pathetic pay, he actually donated 1 pack from his own pocket!
And that's not the end....
with his effort, he convinced his aunt to donate 1 bag, and his dad with......
10 bags.
So every 3 bag, the organisation will put in 1 more bag, from the company's fund.
Just something that the chairman Blake Roney said recently during a company's international convention in Hong Kong...
For every 1 dollar that you raise, I am going to top up with 1 dollar from my pocket.
So...... hurt me.
For the whole of 3 days convention, all he talked about was just the Nourishthechildren, and nothing about the company or business.
At the end of the convention, everyone raised HK$ 5.8 million..... about S$1 million, in just 3 days.
On the last day, Blake Roney said......
"You are good. I felt the pain"
(something like that la, I think he is so cool!!)
So that amounts to close to 5.8 X 2 = HK$ 12M = S$2,000,000....
Back to Wei Loong's effort.
Himself = 1
His Aunt = 1
His Father = 10 + 3 (9+3 from company) = 13
So total number of bags that Wei Loong contributed = 15 bags
which means... 21 X 30 meals = 450 meals...
(saved a child with more than a year supply, or saved 450 kids a day in this current situation)
WoowwW!!
And he is spreading the message around his friends, trying to help raise more bags.
:)
Back at the place where I consolidate the forms before I submit.
This is the total efforts from just a group about 10 people.

It's not easy to raise, per bag is $37, I understand so it's okay to tell me you can't help.
And to motivate us in the mist of high % of rejection...

haha, I am not a so called "ambassador" yet (anyway, I started off not knowing this)
but I am glad that I managed to raise 15 bags.
(with 12 bags coming from Wei Loong :P)
But I am motivated enough by my friends effort, especially the last one :D
26/05/08
6) Yong Xi whom I knew from NTU's CAC orientation, then into NAF comm, helped me to spread the msg by email to everyone he knew from CAC!?
Didn't expect that from him, haha! But he typed out the email, and send everyone on a Monday morning.... but the thing is....... he is having Business Finance exam in the afternoon!!!
Stunning!! (although he said it is easy la... but it's still a respectable move)
7) Told my secondary school friend Vienna about what I am doing, talked to her on MSN, and about this post. She can't get the internet browser to work.. but she decided to help me spread the word.... without knowing the content of what I wrote here!!?
10 years of friendship.
Thank you so much... for the trust :)
26/05/08
I was searching for "vitameal china kid" to see if I can find some pictures....
then I saw this in my search.

What do I have to do with China Kid!?
-_-"
I love China ~ I love China ~ I love China
28/05/08
Today, I went back my Junior College with my Derrick, whom I knew as he was my senior in my CCA, to see teachers. And during this time, I actually got 2 bags of Vitameals, without making a effort?!
5.56pm, sms received.
8) Jun Jie, whom I knew since my army's 2nd year life in 20SA, (went through shit together as gunners), read up my post, and decided to donate a bag.. and he decided to help me spread the word by putting on his blog :) And he encouraged me to strive on, and do what I think is right. Thanks Jun Jie :D You have "added lots of oil" to the almost "emptied tank" me :P
6.30 pm,
9) Derrick was talking with his favourite GP teacher, when she suddenly said that just now, she was doing a presentation on the China earthquake and Myanmar cyclone... and Derrick told her about what I am doing, and she decided to donate a bag, without a thought!
Anyway, SRJC really changed a lot... since Mr Tan the new Principal took over. School's rather busy, even when it's the holidays! I am glad that SR is blessed with him around. Many teachers were no longer around, many new young faces appeared. Uniforms changed, and now there's many "varieties" for different days..
Saw that SR is raising funds as well.
And this is their "top score"
Heehee, I should be encouraged that I have manage to beat that score....
with my friend's effort :)
And this is the pond.
And I missed my favourite turtle....(it's ok if you don't know what I mean...)
Everyone looks busy, didn't have the heart to disturbed them with donating "rice" as well. Shall come back again next week.
And this time, hope that I can raise some bags from my cute loving teachers, and catch my big round turtle.... heh heh heh :P
29/05/08 12.50pm
Yeah, I know staying up at a time like this is against my own "healthcare tips", but I have to write this down.
10) Pei Zhen (aka Gwen) whom I know since secondary 3, would actually helped me in this initiative, if she had discovered my post earlier. Upon realising what I am doing, she actually sent me a sms straight away (she don't usually sms me) to ask if I sleep le.. and she opened herself to ALL other voluntary work, saying that if I ever do such a thing, she is available... Got motivated much further :) Yeah, I am ready to "harvest" more rice tomorrow liao :P
In life, Earth's oil can run many machines..... but it can ever run out.
"Human's oil" is even greater, it can work wonders....
and it will never... ever.. run out.
30/05/08
The donation forms have been submitted yesterday.
First, I started off filling the name of Wei Loong, the first one who stunned me with a 12 X hit combo.
I wrote his and his wife's name together for the 1 bag contributed.

The 10 bags that he manage to ask from his father... and another couple's name.

Then Wei Loong spread the love further... to our Secondary's school friend Gao Wei's erm.... female friend. Then she decided to donate 1 bag as well!

But the funny thing is.... Gao Wei transferred me the money instead @_@
Something's fishy. Heehee :P
Then here comes the next bag.

2 guys!!?
Haha, should introduce them to each other :P
No lah, the 2 of them do not know each other, they contributed 1/2 a bag each :)
11) My school's wushu President Gary, after discussion with the committee, have decide to use the committee's "excess fund" to donate to the victims....
And the part which I respect about him is that... they have organised a picnic by the beach at Sentosa on 7th June, and we are to bring some food worth about $10 to have a potluck. Someone
suggested.
"hey support the thing using the remaining club fund la.. "
But he replied.
"I've discussed it with the guys alr, cant do that."
So he rather use the fund to feed the dying victims for survival, rather than feed our own with good food.
舍己为人。(sacrifice self for others)
Respect.....
And that doesn't just end here. He said to come up with a plan, and he really did.....
He started a "Internal Donation Drive". When I see the email, I knew it's a lot of effort put in.
He planned for someone to spread the word of the donation of this Vitameals in school, from halls....
He planned for himself to be the IC to collect from all others members....
And finally, he will pass the total amount to me on 3rd June 2008, 12pm.
Respect 到 五体投地。。。
Really appreciate the efforts of the whole main comm... especially Gary.
5 bags... for now :)
12) I managed to convince my school's NAF director (friend) Yong Xi to do the same move as Gary (wushu). Although I thought we have the ability to help more (as I am the treasurer), but Lifang (our boss from CAC, also our friend) said that we should not use so much... so we manage to squeeze out....
9 bags.
It's still a WoW amount, although I think we can save more people.
Anyway, I submitted Wushu's side 3 bags first from my own pocket, and NAF's side already, to get more bags to sent over....
Wushu = 3+1 = 4 bags
NAF = 9+3= 12 bags
Total: 16 bags
The next batch of Vitameals will be sent over in the first week of June!!
2 more days to the end of this 3+1 bags of donation. For those who are helping me to raise, do let me know asap so we can "suck" more bags out of the company!
These are some photos send back by the helpers over there....
People are struggling to live...


Corpses are rotting....
And they don't even have the manpower to clear it......

Many are holding on to the hope of survival.... in times where they not only lack the food.... and live in fear of viruses and infections from contamination of the dead bodies, water from the rivers, air they breathe in......

Most of the survivors, and the children are the ones most prone to the spreading diseases....

But at least, it's heart warming to know that what we are doing is good.

And we are the ones giving them smiles.
好事传千里
(good things travel a thousand miles)
Guess this is what it means bah :)
No comments:
Post a Comment