But this time, I thought it would be good to as I found a new motivation in life, at least for these 2 weeks. Most probably, everyone other than cavemen should know about the China's terrible ever going Earthquake and Myanmar's cyclone right? I didn't know that all along my company Pharmanex is raising funds for a special food researched and produced by their own scientist (known as Vitameal) to help the people of the world, after I am like.... few weeks here already -_-" Anyway, I didn't see the "kind and one which deserved to be respected" part of this company until now.. and that's why I didn't talk much about work every time. (in fact I joined this company because I happened to see my JC friend Zhi Wei on the street, and decided to try out for fun since I don't have a proper job at that time anyway, after I ask him and thought that organizing healthscan functions sounded quite fun)
Ok, back to the point.
Vitameal is a special type of rice where they have added in 25 vitamins and minerals into the rice, so that not only it's able to fill the stomach of children, it is able to nourish them with ALL the necessary supplements that the body needs (as discovered for now). And do you know that these unfortunate people, most of them don't die of hunger, instead, most of the people died from diarrhoea g, from losing too much water content in the body after viral and/or bacterial infections, due to weak immune system and a serious lack of hygiene.....
From wikipedia:
Causes
Diagram of the human gastrointestinal tract.
Diarrhea is most commonly caused by viral infections, parasites or bacterial toxins.[1] In sanitary living conditions where there is ample food and a supply of clean water, an otherwise healthy patient usually recovers from viral infections in a few days. However, for ill or malnourished individuals diarrhea can lead to severe dehydration and can become life-threatening without treatment.
And now with the rotting corpses everywhere.... viruses will start to spread now...So in today's real world, the salvation army, red cross or any other non-profitable organization not only need to raise food, they also need to put in a lot of efforts into the medical supplies, as most people are dying... with a full stomach! And that's why I thought Pharmanex has done really well into combining food and medical supplies into 1 (Vitameal). So if these people take Vitameal instead, their body would be strong enough to recover from sicknesses and illness. And better still, to defend off before it even affect their body!
Anyway, here's a picture from the website itself (http://www.feedthechildren.org/)

The more "edible looking one.

I have personally tried it.
I have personally tried it.
And it tasted like "combat ration" from my army days......
-_-"
(what "memorable" days I had swallowing some of the tastiest Menus 1 to 5 from the SAF)
No la, but this one is really different.
Each bag of this Vitameal is able to not only feed, but raise their immune system of a child for a month. And it cost $37 a bag... about $1 a day. And judging from the situation, it will take them at least a year to at least start to recover from their current catastrophe... so to help save a life, we need to help them raise $37/mth X 12 mths = $444. So it's not a small amount even after calculating all out.. But if we can just save on 5-6 Macdonald's Happy Meal per month, we can provide 30 meals for these people already.... (haha, I think Uncle Ronald is going to kill me -_-")
For this critical period, the company's is trying their's best effort to raise more Vitameals for the people of Vietnam and China. So now, every 3 bags we managed to raise, the company will top up with 1 more bag to show their earnest effort to help!!
So if your financial ability allows you to donate, please do help by contacting me, by sms or something, I will need your full name and house address. Because after the company receive this donation, they will send you a "appreciation card" to let you know that we have received it. The total statistics can be seen at http://www.nourishthechildren.com/ and http://www.feedthechildren.org/ it's shown on the news as well. As this is in the form of food, there's no way of it being "eaten" by any organisation (who will eat "combat ration"...). And these Vitameals will be handled over to reputable organisations such as the Red Cross etc, so that we can be sure that the food gets delivered into these affected countries.
So what you can do besides that?
Every second counts. (a child dies every 6 seconds...) So in this really urgent period, I urge everyone to help asap by trying to save our fellow human beings. In the times of our blessings, let's try our best in helping them (for me I only donated half a bag, but decided to use my efforts to raise Vitameals for them instead) So if you feel for them and have some spare time, please help them by spreading the word around, by raising bag by bag ($37 per bag) or even better, in bags of 3s (so the company will straight away top up with 1 more bag!). And if you happen to know any organisations, be it from your parents' or relatives' company who have raised funds but don't really know what to do with it, please contact me, I can go down to do the proper procedures for them. It's just for these 2 weeks that they have this 3+1 Vitameal!! Ok, to keep it simple, just link them to this blog post...
link to this post: http://crabcrabbycrab.blogspot.com/2008/05/now-that-we-cant-do-much-for-dead-lets.html
So for now, I am going to work in the day, and try my best to raise donations at night at my house area, for these 2 weeks. At least, it provide some meaning to my life, and I know I am doing something which can really help a lot.
Up to 32,500 deaths reported, 9500 thought to be buried under rubble, 22,500 people injured.
Expect final death toil to exceed 50,000, about 4.8 million people have lost their homes. Roads were blocked, and water build up due to blocked rivers.
So start to spread this around for me kay!!!
Just help me get their Full name, contact number and house address that's all! For the cash, can just transfer to my POSB bank account. They will receive a "appreciation card" to confirm that their kindness is received, and if they need more facts to backup, they can go to the 2 sites that I have mentioned. My Hp number is 8133 1255, Jiahe here (don't prank me with funny msg k...)
Anyway, paiseh for writing so much this time...
But I thought it's really important.
Be a FORCE for GOOD.
Show that we care.
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment