Sunday, May 18, 2008

Individual Pissed People Test

Slept almost the whole day on and off, trying to save as much energy as possible for the 4pm "war" later..... IPPT at Khatib.

Have lots to write down, and as always, do not have enough time to do it. Shall do it when I have time.....

Updated and addon on 18/5
Firstly, I reported at 4 pm, only to hear from the PTI that my name was not "registered" in the system... After checking through the system, they said the system shows that my test should be at "Maju Camp" -_-
But luckily, they said that I can still take. Heng. But they will take my results manually, as in a PTI (Physical Training Instuctor) will follow me through the station. The PTI's name is Naeem, also same rank and age as me :) And he is extremely friendly and nice. Along the way, I met another 2 person from NTU, and they are in Mechanical Engineering year 2! And talking about the course I have applied for next year, mech. engin is my first choice for now... as I planned to appeal into Material Science Engineering.

Photobucket


Anyway, shall write down something about them in case I met them and forgot next time. The first bro is Ban Wee, stayed at Hall 9, and he told me that in Mech. Engin, we don't need any textbooks. The 2nd bro is Yew Tow, and he said he have some "irrelevant" textbooks, so if I need, he can sell to me. Both of them looked nice as well. Then ask we talk, I then realised that the computer system actually has a problem. They actually booked their test here last time but the system shows "Maju camp".... Chey, so the system is still as "powderful".

Anyway, Naeem let me choose the order of the station..... cooL! The stations at Khatib camp are all electronic, so we do not have a chance of cheating... unless the PTI allows, at a particular station only :P Naeem even adviced me that I should start with the station I am weakest in. Ya, we all know that, but I appreciate his intention of helping people to pass this "IPPT" test. So... the station I am weakest in....

I chose the Standing Broad Jump.

But the first time I jump, I think the wind blew. So I got a amazing result. haha. Clear :)


Anyway, for those who may need to "cheat" a bit, just let you know how.
For the shutter run, you can try to "start off" at a further distance... so when you reach the gate, your instantaneous speed at time t=0 is.. max -_-"
haha :P
Advice for the rest of the station, stations that can only "do it once, do it good".
1) Pull Up (strictly once)
2) Sit Up (strictly once)
3) Standing Broad Jump - Try to do less, as your leg power decreases as you do it. Concentrate on the "technique"

Why do I say it's "strictly once"? Because if you try a second attempt, the results are sure to drop a lot. We can't afford that! The only station that you can redo with a high chance of improving the score is only the shutter run.

Hmm... or maybe I just write down all the tips and tricks that I have heard in my life, in case I may forget and I can also refer back.

Things we should do in order if given a chance.

1) Standing Broad Jump
Reason: We requires the max energy output so that we can do a good jump, on top of having a right technique.
The technique is: Imagine yourself jumping and hitting your heels with your butt. And when you are in the air, imagine yourself trying to reach the "end of the edge" off the slope. (alternatively, imagine yourself doing the SBJ across a 2 m big drain). Then your body will naturally pull back your feet all the way from the back to the maximum front.
But caution: If your legs are too forward, you may slip. So train till it's right level before you go.

2) Shutter run.
Technique - For sprinters, just use brute force. But for "bamboo legs" like mine, you can try using "轻功". Since my specialty is ultra long legs, I should try to cut down the time during "acceleration" and "deceleration". It's simple, just open up the legs widely :P
Reason: Sprinters take many small steps to accelerate to a high speed, but it's not long before they have to decelerate from their max speed, so it's not much point also. So the critical point is to: Maintain a relatively high "constant" speed.

For "bamboo-like" body = High Centre of Gravity, therefore chances of slipping is higher. To counter, Bend Low. Make use of the bamboos for max ac/deceleration.

So the results should be...


Photobucket



The area under the curve is the distance travelled, and do note that if we can do that, our timing should be able to match the sprinters timing.

For "shorter" legs, you can try to open up as well instead of initial short burst.

For those who's "pull up" have problem, do the pull up first before the sit up!

3) Pull up first if you have a weak tummy.
Reason: Pull up may looks like a simple action, but it actually uses many parts of the muscles. One of the part is actually the abs. I think it is to maintain the body's balance when you pull up. IF you sway too much, it's just going to be bad.
The only way to improve: Do more.

4) Sit up (do it last as in the "tactic" plan)
Words of caution: This war station may look simple and harmless, but if done as the first few stations, the effects may be devastating!
Reason: The SBJ requires your abs muscles to "tuck" back your legs from the "technique". If you have a swollen tummy, you won't be able use it!
Pull ups: You'll need to have energy supplied to the abs. If you used up the abs energy, most likely when you do the pull up, your tummy will need to "gek" more to go up, which will drain a big portion of energy off.

But then again, it's no kick if you do it as the last anyway :P
Most people can get full marks without training.

And lastly, the killer merry-go-round...
the 6 rounds of Hell.
5) 2.4km....

Weather is usually hot, so it will sap much energy off. Do not aim at the timing that you want exactly! Give at least a 20 seconds to 1 min earlier timing.

Tactic: Reduce as much weight as possible.
i) Hydrate yourself 4 hours before so you won't feel too thirsty to drink more. Try for "max output" of liquid, with minimum "input".

ii) Eat your food 3-4 hours earlier so you won't have to carry a load of
"unprocessed" and "unusable" fuel in your tummy. It would be good if you want to "see monkey, do monkey". Have a banana or two in the last hour. (But I can't find one for myself -_-")

iii) "Unload and check clear" your bowels as much as possible. You won't want to get shitty results from that extra weight.

OkAY! After all these, hope that it will be useful for everyone :) any points to add on just leave it in the comment. We shall ask SAF to go fly his KITE and leave us alone every year. HAhA!

Because my name is not registered in the system, this is my first time receiving a "handwritten" result slip.

Photobucket


Anyway, my body needs to send in for 3 days service liao, from all the war stations that I have survived.....


The Standing Broad Jump (1 time clear.... luckY!)
The Shuttle Run
The Sit Up (no kick.....cos my feet are in the hoops also. LoL!)
The Chin Up

And the finale... 2.4km, the Run for Life and Death.....

Almost died from the last war ground....
The Sun showering me with so much happiness, but too bad I was not made for photosynthesis
-_-"

On my second round, the air was so dry that my mouth was dried on the 2nd round...
The wind was so big that every step I jump, I think I flew back a quarter step....
But on my 2nd lap, I am glad that 白云姐姐 shaded me a while, which came as a surprise.

Cos on the weather forecast that I have checked, it's supposed to be "FULL DAY" cloudy
-_-" again.

On my last round, all 3 factors was turned on on me.
I SWEAT more crazily than a cute piggy.
I PANTED more heavily than a window doggie.
I RAN faster than any turtle on Earth.
(ya of course...)

In summary, I almost died.



But it's all worth it.

YeaheE......
:D

No comments: