Friday, May 9, 2008

My First Residents' Committee Meeting

Today, I went for my first Residents' Committee meeting. Funny thing.... I realised I am the youngest -_-"

The meeting goes like this.
First, the a police from NPC will give the month's report of any special case, like maybe a Bangala worker caught peeing at the void deck or something... (no la, I am crapping -_-) Basically, this month there's no special report. After this, it's followed by a report of what has been done by the Town Council regarding the complains from Residents.
After their individual reports, it will be the RC's own event. Like the MP's visiting schedule and the upcoming events... and the Chairperson "asked" if I can make it for this month's 17 and 18th to do a NWZ (Neighbourhood Watch something -_-", like crime watch sia). I said I will check with my schedule... (in fact the tone from her sounds more like that she "wanted" me to come down on those 2 nights itself -_-")

Haha, of course she needs to make sure that there's people who come down lah. I mean it's okay. Will go down and help out if I don't have things to do :) At least she's still giving me a option if can't go down mah.

Yeah, it's like any other meetings that I have attended. But this time, there's committee members who are my father's age.... and I am still thinking.... they introduced themselves by their name...how should I call them!!?

Imagine calling your dad's friend... like how your dad do -_-"

And I thought when the ex-chairperson (stepping down, now become the vice-chair) asked me to join, there should be mostly similar aged dudes around.

...
Hello Uncle!
-_-" wrong la dey! Don't make me feel so old!
Yo Bro!
(what a "big" bro you have -_-" and you don't call your uncles that)
Mr so and so....
(hey don't call me that, we are a committee)

Eh... eh...
(who's name is eh..eh....)

Anyway, on this first meeting I went to... we took our committee group photo.
And I "happened" to have my camera around again. And they are going to spam 23 A4 sized group photos around my block area for a year....


(don't try zooming in, I know what you are thinking....)

popular liao loh -_-"

No comments: