Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Mission cool down... 唯我独尊 for now :)

Ok, will slowing end my rice harvesting mission. I think Jiahe should have a break, after so long. So, from now on, if you want to adopt a child, you can go to http://www.feed-a-jiahe.org/ to help make Jiahe go into the "acceptable weight" range before the full of activities in NTU month in July. All proceeds shall be dedicated to making him FAT. Your kind donations will be very much appreciated :)

Okay. Here come a fun event after so long...
My friend Qin Xian asked me if I will be interested to be one of the judges on Monday's 8 pm 唯我独尊(U are the One) show....
I said,

OF COURSE!!!!


Wah!! What good of Lobang is that!! I have never been to MEdiaCoRP before, of course want to go lah!

And he asked me to contact his friend, Hui Jian, to ask for more detail. Hui Jian is also from NTU, and he said that out of 50 invites, only 5 is filled up.
!!!??

WOW!! And being the typical me, I called up as many people as possible to ask if they want to join me! Strangely, many decided that it's not something that will turn out interesting, some couldn't make it, some said that they see how, told them to just appear at 7pm at the reception if they want. Some asked me to take some photo to show them. Some say the girls cannot make it...!!?

I don't even know what the show is about!

And some just refuse to pick up a "unknown" house number :P
Sorry to those who never receive any call, cos I am in a hurry to go out for a relatives' dinner :P

Anyway, only Zhe Ming from my hall appeared at the reception :)

And then, the 3 of us was guided and seated at the "judges" corner, on the right side of the stage!



Zhe Ming on left, Hui Jian centre, Jiahe on right

The assistant director (I think) came to brief the 50 male judges on the whole procedure, and like what he have said... many of us didn't know that this whole thing is actually to select a ambassador for Channel U!

This is a video, in it you can see the assistant briefing us, and at 1min 35 sec, the funny coordinator named Yang Yi Jin (if I didn't hear him wrongly) appeared to entertain the crowd, preparing the happy atmosphere for the show :)



After that, they announced that all video recording and picture taking is not allowed, haha.... but what's done is done :P


So the contest is about bringing out the different personalities of the contestants, and to see if they are versatile in ALL ways, in terms of dressing and character.
From my point of view, I think it's a competition of the HAPPIEST people :)

This is the stage.




and this is the panel of Judges.



Made up of NTU students and SAFRA people.
(And we were called 猛男评审团. LOL!
(猛男= Hot Males)

We got there 30 mins before the whole thing started.
And I saw Li Teng and Cui Fang, the champions from the Superhost!



Cui Fang is really tall!
(but I am still taller :P)

They popped out for a while, did some recording, before disappearing. And I thought they were the host when I met them practising the script at the backstage!

And then, I only realised that it's going to be a live show when I got there.... everyone filled up all the back rows.....
And I am on the FRONT ROW -_-"

Nevermind bah... I got the best view :P

There's actually a lot of coordination & synchronization before, during and after in just a simple looking 1 hour "LIVE" show! A eye opener :)

Before the whole thing starts, the coordinator Yi Jing appeared and make the whole atmosphere "high". He made everyone cheered, practiced claps, made the "manly" judges "less manly" by asking us to "Woo!!", "Ahhh", "AWwww".... haha!

Wooo.... he's sure good :)

And you know, the "judges" actually have a TV just in front to let us see what's being shown.



Live.......

Imagine me staring at the TV and realise that the camera is aiming at me....
ZZZzz -_-"

The TV is also way out of my view, it's on the far right... So in case I "see" myself staring at the TV, it gonna look so stupid -_-"
therefore, I decided to just look in front... and also try to ignore the cameraman.


The situation can be described this way.

A cameraman carrying his "bazooka" adopting a standing shoulder position, aiming at a Fig 11 (that's me) target 80 cm away.... (those who went through army should know what it means better....)

But anyway, it's really fun to be there!!
The "LIVE" show seemed so smooth on TV, but you won't know how much effort have already been put into it if you are not actually present at the scene!!
They literally "Fly" around the whole place!

Let me show you what I mean.
See that in the first scene, they were ALL on the stage.

And the next thing, they all were gone... in 30 seconds!
And F1 appeared behind from stage!



And basically, the 3 host was like running around as well!
They really got stamina to run around like that, and still talk that fast, and still keep their words right!
And if you notice, Guo Liang was saying out the contestant's profile at breakneck speed while F1 诗蒨(Shiqian) was walking out. At that time, he was just beside me, taking a small slip of paper furiously speaking into the microphone.
And right after he finishes the last words.... he was on the stage already!

·_@

Highly Commendable.

Just seeing the amount of flying about, you can actually feel how much rehearsal they have been through...

The whole thing is just.... perfect.

Right after the show, everyone started to walk around.




There's also many "contestant-looking" people on the stage.



And because I didn't watch any episodes before, I can't tell who are the previous contestants!
Everyone just got the
明星脸!! (star look)

They just hug here hug there, don't know if they are good friends or contestants, boyfriends or girlfriends. But they are just really happy together :)

Even if it's the first time I've seen them, from the way they talk, we can tell who sincerely have a happy character when they said they have one, when they were on stage.

Studies have shown that it's very difficult to "fake" a proper smile. When a person really smile from the heart, the brain activates more and specific facial muscles, which makes it look "more natural", instead of just a few muscles to "pull back" the lips. So if you are really smiling, do you know that your eyes "smile" as well? So it's easy to tell who's really have a joyful character, when they say they have one :)

I am still thinking, if their confidence and steadiness is boosted by being in their "intended" happy and excited state. Because I thought that when one is happy, it can activate one's potential much further, even unlocking some "hidden" ones :)
It's true. At least I thought so :) It seems that I have been on the "extrovert" side of me, since my JC years (2002). It all started out when my friends asked me to be OGLs (orientation leaders) with them in JC 1. It was a totally BAD experience for a start -_-". Firstly, I do not have experience talking to a group of "strangers" for more than a few sentences. The only times when I talked to a crowd, is during Secondary 4, when I had to talk to my NCC boys, to collect funds for the treasury. That's all. And something that maybe, even close ones may not know about me....
do you know that, I'm by nature, a introvert?

And "some" may be thinking, "don't bluff lah..!"
Haha :)
The fact is that, I have been challenging my weakest point, till now. And I realised that being happy, I can really do much more things, which I thought was....... fun :P

From being a GL in JC onwards, I have been pushing myself to join funny things, like being the class rep for a start. Unbelievable decision even for myself! And from then on, I have been trying out weird stuff... which I will regret..... IF I missed it :P

Okay now, back to the show :)

YEs... just at the start of the show, I received a call at 8.03pm, from Sylvia! We were told not to use our phones, besides sitting there and clapping! Wow, that was fast noticing me -_-"
And Zhi Tai the stalker from my JC was even faster. At 8.02 pm, there comes his sms with a "haha!" and a "blue shirt!"
But we can't compare the reaction time.... because he is a stalker -_-"
(as declared by himself)
haha :P

Then Ken Ken (from my previous workplace) also called me just before the end of the show.
Wah... how can you all recognize people in such a "quick" glance!?

Ok, and now I know Yiwen noticed it as well...
Ok, when I watch the replay, Am glad that I didn't see myself looking stupid by "staring" at the cameraman, and look back on stage, as describe by Mr Thong Zhi Tai.
Zhi Tai! You bluff me is it!?
Scared me -_-"
And boy was I glad there was no interview..... I will just die on the spot -_-"

But throughout the whole show, I was so excited looking at how the whole show runs!! It's SOoo CooL! Almost got deaf by all the whistles and cheering from the supporters, and their power are not to be underestimated. The show really looked so different when you see it "LIVE", as in literally!

On the next day, Lionel (a year senior of mine whom I knew since sec school's NCC land) asked me on MSN to confirm his eyes as well. Then he asked me....
"who do I think is the prettiest?"

I replied,
"Every one of them is pretty, but I like the one who is the happiest"
(you guess who is it bah! It's quite simple actually if you have seen the show :P)

And I never thought that we actually have a chance to take photos with the contestants! Wow! And this is the first time I have the chance to take picture with "celebrities-like" people! And moreover, it's with people with interesting characters! So luckY!! And we 3 took photos with 3 different contestants!

Zhe Ming and I took turns to hold the camera :)

First, this is Hui Jian with Ting Ting, Mabel.




Hui Jian cooL sia :P


Then it’s Zhe Ming’s turn.



Took the pictures 2 times, but Zhe Ming was too "happy" to keep his eyes from smiling.

Then it was me :)



Wah, after I review back the pictures right after, I realised that she sure knows how to "position" herself for photos!

Lionel continued to ask more about the whole show.
and he asked if I felt any awkwardness when I asked them.... thinking back... I was the one who approach them to ask if we can take a photo with them... I actually felt quite normal, and I recalled that I asked them as if they were my friends sia @_@!

I don't usually ask people to take photos with me (2 person shots), and not to mention, with girls. (it's rather impossible, even if they are friends of mine. I just don't do that. It's simply weird, without a good reason. However, a good friend who appeared less than 1 in 5000 photos in my computer will be the only reason I would ask that person to take a photo with me :P)

(F.Y.I. - I have already taken more than 20 thousand photos using my new camera, according to the counter :P)

Ok, back to the point on posing with celebrities...

No wonder when I see friend's picture with celebrities, they all usually look like
木头 (block of wood)
On that moment, a "light bulb" shone in my head.....

I recalled the day at East Coast Park, when Yiwen tried to position herself behind me, so my face will look "bigger". Girls sure know how to make full use of their surroundings to make herself look better huh! (even the skinny Jiahe looks fatter now!!)

And I thought...
Those contestants, with their training lesson, they must have practiced posing more than my total number poses I will pose in my lifetime....
Of course we sure lose one leh!

So I thought further.....
Since they are some of the rare people I see on Earth who choose to be so happy with life....
I must get my happiness meter back as high as their!!!
(maybe that's why I can treat them like my friend and look so normal. haha :P)

Then moving on to look for the next happy person!
And we met
嘉敏 (Jia Min), Germaine!





And Hui Jian started to smile after I mentioned about it :)


Zhe Ming with Jia Min




Zhe Ming with his eyes "smiling too widely" again.....


And the 2 Jias :)




I didn't expect them to stand so close to us. It's beyond my boundary actually.. But I didn't care about the awkward distance for that moment and smile with them. Didn't know how I can actually do such a thing so "normally" when I think back now... maybe it's because I was really excited cos all I thought was, it's rare to meet people (in general) of such a character. And Since they are so friendly, I should smile widely with them as well :D


I guess happy people attract happy people, and that's probably why I have little barriers when I talk to someone of the same type :)


Then we met the next happy person before she got into the lift. 秋婷 (Qiu Ting)!
She's really someone who is happy all the way. At the lift, she's still so cheerful despite being not getting into the final round. It feels like she can take the results so simply, a "I have done my best and I have not regrets" attitude :)

This is the cheerful Qiu Ting posing with Hui Jian :)



And it's Zhe Ming's turn!



With his eyes "smiling" too overly happy again -_-"
(I tried to reshoot already, but he says that it's because his eyes are sensitive to the flash, that's why the naturally "smiling" reaction.....)


And now, it's my turn :)
Before Zhe Ming counted down, I saw her hands going up for a "twist" sign.... Ohhh.... I must not be "turned" into a piece of wood by someone again!! so I......





Countered the attack :P

Qiu Ting looks like the tanned version of Felicia Chin! I guess people with this face is a result of their character bah :)
And she is still so cheerful after the result is out! It's really a pity that she didn't get into the final 4! And I didn't manage to hear her number during the PK match properly because the place is simply too echo-y. In the end, I pressed 5 (results void as F5 is already in) instead of 2!! Idiot me -_-"
In the end, 良艺(Liang Yi) got in. She's not someone who's naturally "very happy", but it's her determination, which results in her strong confidence in her PK match speech that made people want to give her chance to be in the top 4 bah....

Anyway, I hope I can meet some happy people appearing "physically" in my life soon. It's quite stupid to be the only one being (or trying) to be so happy when everyone looks so sad. I can't last that long in this kind of environment as well! But now, at least Vincent is not emo in anyway for quite sometimes already :D with his
"shiok" and "yummy-licious" and "hahah!" and I see a "=D"

hahaZ!

At this point of time, I am counting down my holidays already.... less than 1 month, my schedule will be filled with seniors camps and FOC preparations (all the dance or game trials). Anyway, Derrick, my SRJC CCA senior asked me go back NUS's Political Association Youth Camp, to be the at least the photographer for the camp for the highlights if I can't make it for the full duration from 7-10 July. A CAC seniors' camp on 28-29 June is on the way.

I wonder if I can be fun and outgoing OGL this second time round, since my first and last one 5 years ago back at JC..... and I thought to myself.......

Be happy...
SuRe lucky.......
& duN worry! :P

No comments: