Anyway, at 12.30-1.45 pm, I attended this interesting talk :P
By this Prof Yeh from university of HaWaIii.. unique place produces unique profs....
I tell you, I think he is like 70-80 years old, wear a pair of big old specs, but his jokes are 21st century blockbusters!!
At the entrance of the Lecture Theatre...
Guessed this should be done by that funny Prof...... :P
Haha!! His talk is way cooler than any profs in NTU. And the prof in charge of Socialogical Club was like telling us...
"don't expect every prof in NTU to be like that."
Okay, it's a short but pack full of interesting stuff to find out!! Okay, maybe just to share something interesting that most people know, but no one really knows if it exist facts!!
In Socialogy terms:
6. A typology of love or lovers:
Basically people who fall in love can be classified into these 6 types.
Eros: Love because of sexual intimacy.
Mania: Extreme way of love till it's dangerous (extreme jealousy)
*with his delibrate long tone.
to the point of HalluCinAtion....... (*roll on Floor laughing @#$%^)
Ludus: Love is like a game (contest of giving the least love)
Agape: Selfless Love
Storge: "Grow up together" Love
Pragma: "Pragmatic" Love (typical Singaporean style, since we have to fall in love anyway, so might as well find out everything about our potential parther first before falling in love. After that prof said this, the whole lecture theatre *pengz)
But he also points out that individual can have characteristics of more than 1 type, so it's not really confine to a certain type.
Basically, the first 3 are the dangerous ones. The last 3 are the good ones.
The last 3 goes very well with the type of their own.
Then the prof goes on to talk about the "great war zone". haha!!!
Ludus with Ludus: He calls it the Battle Royal.
Eros with Eros: Won't last long.
Mania with Mania: MAdNeSS....
Eros with Storge: Eros will think Storges are "dead fishes".
Ludus with Agape: Ludus will take everything that a Agape gives.........
This actually is similar to friendship. I actually got the concept right without being a socialogy student!! haha!
I will look for my next Jiahe :P
At the end of the lecture, he had printed out this "Love test" for us to take.
too bad, it ran out!
But..... I got my camera with me :P
Anyway, they said that if there's any further interesting talks, they will actually post it here!!
So we can check back for updates :P
Anyway, I signed up for this free membership and I will receive emails updates if there's any other exciting talks!
I think like psychology and socialogy stuff more than engineering.... oh great to realised it after like 1 year in NTU -_-"
NTU is always full of it.
Now there's another one coming up! And same first time I've been to, it's highly discounted by SDU. It's only $2 and light refreshments are provide. But you can always go heavy on it... from what I see the first time I've been there :P
Key to a Smarter and Happier Love Life
10/9, next Friday 6.30-9.30pm at Toa Payoh HDB Hub.
I am going to learn more about Humans!! See you there if you are going :P (but so far I've never seen any friends for any other interesting talks. haha~)
Humans are indeed facinating :)
No comments:
Post a Comment