Saturday, October 4, 2008

The lousy "slept little" night and the Lousy Project

After the talk, I went on to Hall 1 for my Creative Design project meeting.
It's was quite a demoralizing discussion again.... as I have predicted.
They didn't really understand what I was saying, even for the first few explanation. And it seems like they are not even interested in what I have to explain.... haiz....

And the words that make the "sleepy", therefore "less torlerant" me almost explode keeps coming again and again.

*after explanation of my "full of effort work"......


"I think this cannot work."

"why?"

"Dunno, but I think this just cannot work."

"But why do you think it cannot work, can you at least explain a bit?"

"I think we have to do a prototype first, and we see how from there, you don't emphasize too much on theory first, theory is usually wrong, we should roughly cut first, then we see from there......"

I spend lots of efforts in drawing out the "exact" dimensions, so that they can "visualise" my plan. But they didn't even spend any effort to try to understand my work.

And a rough cut can be better than a "planned out" drawing!!??

Then I almost said this after this happened for like a few times.

"So does a Engineer have to test build a HDB flat first before he build a actual one?"

"Of course theory is important!! At least we can build a prototype with lesser chances of failure, Isn't it!!?
"

The keyword is "almost". But I didn't. I went "screensaver mode" to cool down... serious lack of sleep is dangerous to the EQ indeed.

Anyway, the basic structure went my "planned" way. But for the final ending portion, they didn't agree based on the fact that it "will not go well". With one of the point as "the ball may not turn out as what you have said and roll down.... it may just fly left or right...." No one points out that this logic is "wrong" (or my logic is totally off..........)

SINCE WHEN A BALL ROLLING DOWN A NON TILTED SLIDE DUE TO GRAVITY WILL FLY LEFT OR RIGHT OFF THE SIDE OF THE OPENED SIDES!!!??

And even better, after saying that "the ball may just fly out left or right", this line is added on.

"Dunno lah! but I just feel that this will not go well"

I explained using theory, they don't accept. Although I don't like Newton and his apple, but I still have faith that his stupid apple discovery is smart enough to answer this kind of thing bah -_-"

Okay, whatever, I should not be losing it for such things. Maybe the way I present is still not clear enough despite my full power, or I should also analyse the way I talk. (I have always wished that I can just stand out and observe "myself", afterall, the least seen person in everyone's life is themselves......)

Anyway, this is the first prototype that was build out.
1 man show.... because this first meeting they say we should build out and try first... as the computer drawing may not be accurate.





(but I said at least it must look "logical" before we construct it right? So I repeated ask them to see if the diagram looks flaw or not. Then one of them said that "I should do a prototype for them to see first......"

Okay, I think they are all "3D visual learners". Real 3D ones.
And this is bad.... theory just don't seem right to them.

And this is OUR 2nd prototype, after this have been said.

"I don't really care about the design or creativity, I just want to make it work"



Told them before that my focus was "workability" and "creativity", as design and creativity have marks. I told them that if my explanation is not clear, I can always say it again and even slower. But the reply was always the same "irritating" one.

And the last line was like said that way..... so it's means that my idea will not work.

And the best part is..... there's can't come up with a reason, why mine WILL NOT work.

Anyway, the prototype also now known as our "actual" is done. And this is the first testing.




Ok, it flipped over and fell.

After some tries, it just can't just end back up straight, standing.
After that, I tried to stick all sort of weight here and there, to balance out the force using my logic. At some times, they just look at me with those kind of.... eye like I am providing some really lame "entertainment"




But at the end of the day, I am still glad. At least I proved to myself when I said that "I can make it stand". Most of them went off already due to the last bus timing.

Okay, enough of grumbling.
It's not anyone's fault actually...
It's just a mistake from the start to be in the wrong group.
For a project to go smoothly, it's important for the whole team to be able to understand and agree with the same goal. But it happened to be that I was the odd one out.

It would have been good if they just had 3 of them as total "visual learners". They will actually do things faster and better without me.

If I can find people with the same way of thinking as me, I would also not have to explain much, and ideas added on will complement with one another. Basically I am the "planner" type.

That's why from today onwards, I am going to make sure that I am in a correct "type" of group if we are given free grouping next time. It will be good to "ask" the rest to find out their working style politely if I can't tell from talking to them.
It will really saves the later trouble. Okay, this post will just be here to remind me that I should pay enough effort to future groupings, afterall, it's a good initial learning experience.....

Ok, no smileys to end of this post. (It will seems totally off)

But I am glad that I discover this point now ya.


............


WhatevA!!! =D

No comments: