Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Countdown, Goodbye 07, hello o8~


Today, it was supposed to be a day filled with outdoor activities. My blk 51 (my hall) a few people who was trying to organise a countdown since even before Dec starts. First, one has a plan to do a BBQ, another have a plan to do a simple countdown at some place. Haha. I left my day free so I am all ready to go when the "button is pressed". Just like what Seng Kiat says of his group of friends. They are EvEReady. Just a call and they are free to come out. Haha.

Waited and waited... nothing happened. Called up the rest to see how's the long planned missions coming to. In the end, it's seems like a "half way here not there". So I tried to contact everyone myself. For those who replied, they said that they already had something in plan. And for those who didn't reply me, I assume they already having so much fun that they don't have time to reply, so they are also not free. Haha. Guess being the organiser is tough. And that's why the results turned out the same.

Already got many backup plans, but it isn't really interesting for me.. Remember I joined my RC as a official "volunteer" (sounds lame...)? They had a countdown party as well. Thought it would be a place where all "young & fun" hearts gather, and they would be at least twice my age. Those uncles and aunties loh.

Imagine me standing there and listen to them sing Hokkien Best Hits Songs and countdown to the new year with 一支小雨伞?(one small umbrella - A Hokkien Song).I don't want to end my 2007 with a... umbrella cheer you know.

But I already in the "out to countdown" mood!! So.. I went out to Esplanade myself, with 2 plans in mind.


Plan A - With my camera, I wanted to watch the Fireworks.

Plan B - To "attach" to anyone I know when I see them along the way. The world is linked by only 6 degree of friends, so thought chances of bumping into some good friends should be quite high.

In the end, only saw my sis's ex-roomie, with her boyfriend, and also someone from my sis's blk also.... so only plan A was carried out. Alone -_-“ The whole street is filled with groups of friends, or with couples. Even tourists come in groups. Can't even act like tourist loh -_-"""

The whole place at Explanade was super crowd. Basically the entire place with good views is either blocked off, or full.

One incident that I notice which irritate me quite..... a lot. Dunno why all the "black" people like to touch others when they walk. Sorry, I am generalising, but I don't know where they are from. But some (in fact most... but I am not feeling mean, so I said some. But I really felt like saying the truth.. so here it is) of them had to raise their hand to hip level, and walk. Although there's lot of spaces, they must still stick to you closely touching people (me), and walk as if the whole place is crowded.. and I saw one girl my age, keep staring at the (bold and big)"black" man behind her, as if to tell him to keep a distance. Wah, I really hate those "black" shit people. Why must they touch us? To satisfy their whatever needs? (even me?? Cute and YounG boys?)


But must also pity them, they don't get to see their family, and working in Singapore, they also won't get to live and interact freely, and even if they want to.. their chances of getting a girlfriend or setting up a family here is close to 0%.. We are quite lucky to be living here, and get to see our hard earned money being burnt beautiful fireworks up in our night skies.

Ok, shall have 2 videos showing the fireworks. There was no countdown. We blurly past our 07 just like seeing stars in the skies @_@ shoot out into the skys :P


I have to raise my hand so high just to catch a glimpse of the river.


Picture under the bridge to Esplanade.





After walking and walking, ended up in Raffles Place area. Decided it's a good place to watch as well. The crowd was huge as well.



The Fireworks.



The 2 videos

Wide Angle video




Zoomed in.





Random~

On the 8th Day of Christmas my turtle gave to me, 8 Specs who O R Ded.



This is a picture our our spec outing on 15/12/07. Not all present is in the picture as they left.
Left to Right
Front row - Kelvin (Chee Keet/Sgt Bulldog :P), Ranald (Renork during Arty ASLC training :P), Kenneth Kow (KK)
Back rOw- Jervois (Chew), Seng Kiat (Seng), Calvin Tan (called Cal/Calvin Tan, as there are 2 Calvin and Kelvin), Sanjeev Kumar (blacky/black power/bangala), Jiahe (think it's just my own name... Seng you got any to add? Haha.)

A more complete picture


Top Right - Zhao Zhi (ZZ), Jiahe (me in blue), Kenneth Goh (Ah Goh)

Met up at Clarke Quay. It's been long since I met up with my army friends. Everyone was nice and fun to be with. Actually want to write a post about that day as it was really memorable. The Indian fellow was especially funny with his style and language. He is Sanjeev, aka Sasha (if we are bored and need a sms company... LOL!)

His funny quote of that day "What the **** you all come all the way to Clarke Quay just to drink coffee??"

Try saying it with a InDiaN accent, it's totally hilarious.

The place we drank coffee - ??? Forgot. Definately not TCC as that Blackie got lost there :P


I think he's going to show me his BLACK POWER and kill me when he sees this..... haha!
But we all love this Black fellow.
No doubt :)

No comments: