
Every student of NTU is assigned a mentor to seek advice from. So today, there was this "Meet the Mentor Session" at the Nanyang Auditorium, where good food was provide which we consult and chat with our mentors. There was few people whom I know appeared. One of my previous Semester classmate, saw me, and as usual, gave me a million dollar smile. I thought, either he must be super friendly, or he's gay.... no lah, just joking. But it's just strange that someone whom I didn't really come into contact often would feel so "happy" when he sees me. Then he explained that in class, he remembers me most clearly, as my name always appear in his mail... Thinking back, I did remember that sometimes when I receive "help" from any source, I will try to share to as many people that I know of, mass sending tutorial solutions and "extra informations" to classmates and what not.... But I didn't realise that these little actions were actually greatly appreciated. And he also said something about my Effective Communication presentation, about me talking about "Artillery" and it's a bit different!!?? Don't know lah, but I think it's because the pictures that I showed on slide was nice... plus some crap...
Recalling back, I also met another previous Sem classmate whom I met during a tutorial, offered to lend me photocopy his special Semester Maths 1 tutorial solutions... I was stunned as well. I was also not really close to him, so I thought to myself, "Wow... that's was really nice of him" but feel sort of weird... how can people be so nice out of a sudden? After I finish photocopying the solutions, I thank him a few times because I was really thankful for his kind actions. Then he said:"no no no, I should also thank you for last semester, when you send me the solutions, 礼尚往来 mah" (means know how to give back kindness)....
And also one more time when I met another classmate in my Hall canteen. She was with another classmate of mine as well, and after greeting one another, she asked:" Will we remain as a same class next Sem?" I didn't know... Then she said:"Hope we will be in the same class... haha!" Then the other classmates laugh out... not really loud..."then can send tutorial answers right!"
Then we all laugh.
So a lesson realised and learnt.
You won't know how a small act of kindness will actually comes back to you when you needed it... The really little things that I have done now and then actually comes back with, which I feel sometimes, over appreciation. But the thing that I don't realise myself is that, when any little things that my friends have done for me, I do "over-thank" them as well... Throughout my years of living on Earth, I have been observing people, but the Jiahe that I know of.... is rarely "rated" by myself... maybe it's hard to judge ourselves bah.
~~~Just keep swimming~Just keeP Swimming~Juz Keep Swimming~~~
Realise one thing... the number of new faces I meet is still increasing, and I am starting to experience "lag" when someone just comes up to me and give me a "I know you deep deep" smile... sometimes I even give them back a "weird smiling screensaver", but my brain already "system not responding"..... this is really bad.... :P
Ok, will just post something random that I see in school today. This week, it's the "Heritage week" there's performance and activities now and then at Canteen A, and I saw this interesting noticeboard about the "100 Chinese Sir Names".

And I saw this contest in my NTU mail

It's about a photography competition in NTU theme "Nature"
Anyone interested just send in your entries also... it's fun and free anyway :P
Oh ya, and heard from my friends that the "Adsense" crap can only earn peanuts. Haha!!! Anyway, dunno how it works, but shall just put it there for fun. If it can really earn peanuts, shall treat those whom I know of and reading this :P
Have fun for the week :)
No comments:
Post a Comment