On Monday, 14/1, saw Eugene from my hall 3 times a day, got jio-ed out by him to go run around NTU with him in the night. Already booked my IPPT on next Sat 26/1, so might as well run with him, knowing that he is a Commando Officer!? Only to get stunned by his plans after he said that he was going to run a "2 Digit".... At least 10 km!!??? Told him I am going to get substitutes to run with him later. Will ask Junwen(also from my hall), and also same as Eugene in the route relay team, to TANK him down for the first 5 km first, then I take at MAX, 5 km with him "powered down". In the end, all the people whom I came across, who heard the name "Eugene" said "SiAO!" before anything. HAha!! Guess his 名声 (reputation) is so loud around, only I am 不知死活 (don't know about being alive) enough to agree to be "jio-ed" for jogging.... by him :P
But Eugene is very good, as he taught me a lot of thing regarding jogging. Just to note down the things he told me.
1) The trick to running long distance is to go slow.
2) To train for power for short distance (eg: 2.4km ippt), for down slope, go slow (against the gravity), for up slope, run fast -_-"
3) Listening to music while jogging keeps the boredom away.
But I totally enjoyed the whole run, because he brought me to many unexplored places in NTU. Didn't realised that there's actually many more places that I haven't really explore myself until that day, and maybe that's why I actually jogged 10 km with him. Also the fact that he only showed his Level 1 power I think :)
After that, it was a photo shoot with the Hall's FOC at 11pm, I joined as a subcomm (sub commmitee) GL ( next year's orientation Group Leader)
So.... this is the end of Monday (14/1). Body was put to the limits again... after I "use my old life" to chase a kid during a Walk-a-Jog on Sunday (13/1) !!??
I want to run faster for IPPT, I want to run faster for IPPT~
Now, on to Tuesday.. Opening Ceremony
My post: Treasurer
Job assigned: Noticeboard
My Actual 2 days duty: "Jia Pa Lang" AKA "Sai Gang" Warrior (which means all sorts of shit jobs)
16-17/1/08 (Wed-Thurs) My NAF Opening Ceremony...
We started our preparation on Tuesday. Was initially put to help out with the noticeboard. Yong Xi (director NAF) assigned Felicia to be in charge of the noticeboard. She is in CAC's ex-co with Yong Xi as well, as a Assistant Financial Controller. Interestingly, she said that she have no "艺术天分" (Gift of Art). But somehow was arrowed by Yong Xi in the midst of discussion. She thought I look 不耐烦 with her unpredictively funny working style. But I was rather entertained instead :P
Another really tiring day.... Met her at 7 pm, but was there at 6 pm already to help out NAF already... cycling to and fro from CAC room (200m away with a carpark slope) to Can A cos I thought I'll be the most "energy efficient" with my little bicycle. In the end, it's a....something like a 10 X 200 m route relay... with only 1 runner -_-".
Then after the supposedly leisure cycling sessions, I had to rush back to Hall by 9.30 pm for a phototaking session, as a Publication subcomm (sub committee). Cycled back at 10+pm due to waiting time.. and training for me haven't just end yet~
Preparation.
This is the booths, at 12.27 AM on Tuesday.
We carried and shifted things :)
The Banner
The early "morning" briefing.
The noticeboard which I have a part in making and assigned to. (Yong Xi planned for me to stay there to "answer any queries" for the next 2 days)
But there's nothing to be done after that, so became a photographer + Sai Gang Warrior. Was like running around, but usually voluntarily. (Do note that I am not grumbling, this is just to note down the different roles that I have played (as in enjoyed :D). Although at some point of time I think I am overused :) Cos many "many" thought I am "free to be used", as it was announced. But it's ok lah :P)
Here goes...
I was the coffee boy.
I was a tour guide.
I was the runner. (mainly for small tools)
I was a "human" walkie talkie.
I was the logistic "sub comm" (I helped out a bit more k. Zhen Yuan... "by unspoken human rules", you owe me a treat :P But hope he don't give me fruits and vegetable feast... he's a vegetarian)
I was the payment ic.
and this is so sudden, that it's made me feel a bit -_-", since I was looking forward to taking pictures for my wushu friends' performance right after a flute performance. Was told just to prepare $ and the forms, but end up I am supposed to have "common sense" to prepare a envelope with the money inside, and need to do all the administrative stuff... So as a treasurer, I have to pay all outside people and vendors myself.... by default? So should I be collecting the money from sponsors, payment for some Popular bookstore's pens, or even payment to Taxi Fares when Uncle drive my NAF committee to Pasir Ris?? So why aren't sub comms given to me if I have to run to so many places at a time? (ok, yes... I just don't quite agree with this crap, so decided to grumble a bit... erm.. ya a fair bit :P But what's past is past, let me run the "turtle BE HAPPY programme" in me... ok.... done!)
Maybe it's just a mistake on both our part since it's our first time working... :)
Nevermind lah~! Heehee :)
I was supper 3rd ic.
I was the... whatever other people also doing bah :P
Do the cardboard decoration, cut and velcro the stickups, carrying many things, cut our letters, goodie bags packer/carrier, chairs and tables arranger (lol, is there such a word?).. and many others bah :P
I must also write down the whatever good things I have observe in people, so that I can remember and learn and improve on it :)
1) Xiao Ting (dragonboater, that's what Yong Xi always call her)
A silent workoholic. She does many things (some even like guys stuff, tying and carrying goodie bags... many more), but doesn't say much. Whenever she sees things that need to be done. She will be there.
The character that I like: Do more, talk less.... and with a smile :)
2) Zhen Yuan
One who prefers to give more than take. Doesn't mind if he himself have to do more to fulfill a task. Constantly laughing, and is kind to everyone. Highly non aggressive. Can be kept as a pet... oh crap. I shouldn't even harbour this thought! What am I thinking.... :P
The character that I like: The "Just do it" attitude.
3) Alan
Constantly showing the "brotherhood" spirit. Whatever thing comes, despite his busy schedule, he just "OK" to it. Also run here and there, fulfilling the tasks of others.
The character that I like: "Just do loh"
4) Yong Xi
The ability to run many many task at a time but still keeping his "highly" heated up brain CooL... Doesn't get agitated over things that are undone, anger is not in his dictionary. Prefers to just simply do the thing if it's undone, doesn't mind if it's not really in his jobscope. Will give in to others decision if he doesn't sees a problem in doing so. (and the fact that he's the director, he doesn't overpower every decision HIS way. A good leader I must say.)
The character that I like: "Heh Heh" attitude. (laughs)
I have also seen many of my friends who have very positive work attitude that I like, but I can only "praise" a few which are really "EXTRAordinary" for now :) So don't think I didn't recognise other people's good trait if they are not mention k. As far as I know, all those who are reading my my blog are nice as well, that's why I choose to be nice to you back :)
人自出,性本善
And Ryan (my sec school good friend) was like saying only I am stupid enough to believe that :P
Being alive is such a wonderful thing~ Aya... to Seng Kiat.... then to me :P
Ok, continue another point.
I was a treasurer, and everyone is stuffing me full of receipts every now and then, and some asking for money. As I have said.. it's not that simple being a treasurer. Just to note down (to remind myself not to agree to a Treasurer post again :P)
A single receipt actually goes a long way.......
I have to
1) update 1 of the 2 accounts book (each time a line on 2 different pages)
2) update my computer softcopy on 2 sheets as well
3) paste and label the receipt, take the money out (which needs to be draw out with a bank book from a bank account only with Yong Xi's and my signature)
4) counted, reimburse for the single receipt.
5) Make a copy of the receipt
(point 6 is going to start soon since the events has started, which means more shit for me)
6) send the original to the CAC Financial Controller, Pei San, with another copy typed out.
7) Take note to paste 3 receipts properly on each A4 paper. And it must be classified into 3 catagories...... GST number? ...
8) Take note to collect back the amount of fund reimbursed at the end of the month.
Imagine me receiving up to 10 a day during the peak period...
And on top of that, I have to take note of those who need to pay up for whatever things, Tee Shirt, Welfare fund, canvasssing money and what not.. I don't just "remind" a single person.
Haha, and some may think I look slack during meetings, like no stress in not contributing ideas to the discussions. Think for most people, when they can't find a person to fill whatever job, the first thought. Jiahe! The second choice, General Secretary!
In all, being a treasurer, it's a super boring and monotonous job, and at the end of the never ending end, there's no job satisfaction despite the large amount of work done. No one will notice anything, and what's more, it's not my money I am counting. I can't feed my turtles with that!
I've got a treasurer "look" and "life". Been at it 3 times... First time in secondary NCC (young and cute soldiers), 2nd in the Army (rough and tough soldiers), 3rd time here in NTU (ORDed and tired reservice soldiers...).
I am SOoo not going to be treasurer again.... and again..... and...... no more :P
Actually didn't plan to get into any special projects for the 1st year, as I feel like settling down in studies first, but seeing the number of friends going into NAF, feel like working with them again.
Posts that were left, Logistic Head, Business Manager Head, Treasurer... and some small post. And I was like thinking, logistic will need to run around now and then, business side will kill me before I can mind my own business in studies... and I had experience with Treasury (although good but not enjoyable), so just agreed to that post, which Yong Xi also wants me to take. But it's more than ever to this Treasurer post then any of my previous experience... It's still as boring, and Yong Xi has much more "security" measures for me to adhere (stick) to...
Zzzz me... Zzzz me... Zzzz me... Zzzz me... Zzzz me... Zzzz me...
The actual Day, 16th, Wed.
To note down the things I have done.
The "handmade" MBT (Made by Turtle) envelope to contain the payment to the performers.
It started as 2 A4 paper.
Yong Xi in action.
The stage and the seats.
The boxes which I had a part in rearranging at a later time.
It looks nicer after this :P Haha, the CrEaTivE turtle way.
The initiation by GOH.
Yong Xi (director) on left, Prof Er (GOH), David (CAC President) on right
The cameraman's view of Cameramen
The Crowd.
The performances.
I think the cooL part of photographs is that it can freeze the best moments....
The air combo of Taekwondo.
Cool right?
The 3 cute kids who "popped out" of the box during the Opening Ceremony.
This is the cute little girl from the centre.
Alvin's (from the same gp as me during CAC FOC, then in NAF as well) 2 twin brother.
The cute girl smiling with Angela, the NIE teacher. (Note: She smiled because of her mum beside, not because of Angela. This is important) Too bad, Angela's presence spoiled the picture :P
The long queue for the goodie bags.
What's inside the goodie bags.
Imation CD-R, Stabilo Pen, Mr Bean 50% discount? Crocodile voucher 30%? And also 1 free pass to some well known club? Something like that lah. Never take any though.
2nd Day.... tired out again...
There's less things to be prepared the night before, since most are done on the 1st day. But the thing is.... I am already lacking of sleep. And for someone who is skinny like me, I need more rest because... when the wind blows, I need to work harder in stopping myself from flying off....
On the 2nd day end, packing up. I just slept for a total of 6 hours only... 4 hours first day, 2 hours 2nd... By the way, I will take all chances to live life healthly, that is to sleep 8 hrs every night. So I am really lacking a lot of sleep.
The things that we shift, using my "unrepaired" body again and again for the few days, from cycling, running, carrying... and what not.
After that's not the end. Before the packing is done, I had to rush to eat dinner and prepare for a "3 hr game session" which is a interview in reality, to pick out NTU ambassadors. And this is for CAC FOC's canvassing fund. It's looks like a mini university style orientation camp... where we will play games... brain dead. Most probably I'll be in bah, since the ratio of guys to girls is 2:10 in my group....
Ok, anyway, I had a "fun filled" week from the start till now, gonna rest... for a birthday celebration on Friday night at Pasir Ris Coasta Sands.... and a Wushu outing on a Saturday...
On a sidenote, someone in my group 2 of the "interview" thought I was from China.... again...
跑吧龟儿,跑吧!(Run turtle Run... in chinese!)
No comments:
Post a Comment