Saturday, August 9, 2008

Today is Sunday, but don't think everyday is Sunday.....

Sunday is the best day of the week. But not every Sunday is "Sunday".

Few days back, I received this email to go down for a interview for my school's CAC ExCo position.... Financial Controller. Everyone took turn to give "friendly" questions to me. But you know, too friendly is..... not good.

I didn't have time to find out the "standard answers" about CAC.

The President David, was my FOC Group "Senior Attached". So I know him for 5 days. The questions he ask.... So what you know about CAC.

How to answer these kind of questions.... CAC... is CAC loh. I am allegic to bulls shitting so I can't say much with my low level of bull skills. It's just 21 member clubs, few special projects group, more towards fun and entertainment of the student population.... And I said not even half of it.

Although I tried to calm myself.... but cannot lah. 5 ExCos looking at you with "friendly" eyes. Auto will stress one mah. All my words became "ji teh ji teh" (one piece one piece in Hokkien)

CUI liao loh (broken already... in Hokkien as well)

Lifang, the VP of events, was also someone I know, but even longer. Since last year FOC, she was my Senior Attach, then for the whole of 1 year in NAF, she was attached with us. I would say everyone's relation with her from NAF is.... 熟到烂。But I never thought for the past 1 year that I would actually decide to join CAC and back onto my most "hate" job scope.... treasurer. And now the treasurer of treasurers some more -_-". This will be my 4th time being the treasurer, but for the first 3 times, it wasn't my initial intention to do it. But then again, although I always curse and swear at the lack of job satisfaction every after term of service and promise myself not to touch it again, I am still back at doing it. And since I have been through so much "sh*t", I think I must be at least a tough piece of sh*t to be really surviving after all these. So why not just really level up and test my max level.

And the next thing I know..... I was here -_-"

And there's one more person interviewing for this post. And I never thought that I will know this person. She's my SP's best friend. And this year's fellow GL in my CAC Camp. (I am not writing her name down to reduce the chances of her or her friends unknowingly stumbling on this post. haha :P)
Totally unexpected.
I am fighting with someone I know. And this will decrease my attack power greatly because I support World Peace..... See how it goes bah.

The next battle will be Rallying..... (Zzzz)
And I should seriously think for this few days, this is not a easy post. Considering the fact that now....
I will need to take charge of 21 member clubs and 5 special project group's fund....

and on top of that, with all the ExCo commitments like....
1. going for member club performance
2. ushering duties for all CAC related events
3. Support for most (I think all) special project stuff (NAF opening, Impresario competitions, Drumzout, FOC stuffs....)
4. attending not just one meeting every 2 week but twice per 2 week...
5. and now part of the "Head" of the group (most likely FOC).
6. And Financial Controller is one of the Top 6 in ExCo position.

But it will be a ultra enriching position, but provided that I can survive in it to grow.

But in the end, if I have decided to go for the rally, I am sure that I have a good lot of good friends in NTU to support me =)

船到桥头自然直。。

乌龟水中自然游.
don't worry la Jiahe :)


13/08/08 Update (corrected on 16/08)

I have decided to go for the rally. (not voting)
It will be on 18/08/08, a Monday.
Place is LT19A, 7pm.

Voting is is on 21/08, Thurs (Union Day - No School)
Time should be whole morning till afternoon.
Most likely 1 matric no per vote per person.
Should not be time consuming to vote, think it's just vote and go.
(dunno why no one really know, maybe they will only let us know when it is nearer)

Come and increase my votes if you want :)
(my competitor is quite good, but it's ok la, friend friend, if she gets it, I also happy :P)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

when will you go online?

Jiahe said...

Usually at night, Singapore time. Why?