Friday, August 15, 2008

Friends... the supporting pillar of my life.

I have always believe that friends are the basic pillars to making your life happy anywhere you go... but for the past 1 year, sometimes, I became so busy that I do not have time for my friends, and end up feeling so "lifeless" at some times.

But now, I have felt the warmth when I walk around in NTU these few days....

News about me running for FC spread fast... and I didn't realised that I do have a lot more friends who cared about me, and won't hesitate to make my day better by saying something nice to me...
Maybe just one of the things that happen....
I crossed path with Alex at my school's north spine area, I haven't told him anything about me running for Financial Controller yet... and he said something to me.

It's not just some words that he used, but it's the way he put it across....
At that time, there's a lot of NTU students walking around at that time as it was the school's CCA Welcome Week. So we can't actually see far.
The moment he saw me like less than 2 metres, his reaction was so immediate.
He gave me his trademark ultra wide grin, without even greeting me first with a "wave" or "Hi" (like when we saw a friend), he said it out loud, pointing his finger at me.

"家禾, 我一定 vote !!"
(I will sure vote for you)

The first thing that came to his mind was what he wants me to know.
That is, he cares.

I felt the care that he just showered me with.... in public.

I have met some who said things simple.

“Financial Controller? 加油!"
"我一定叫我的朋友来 vote :)"
"我去 gather 我们的 unit 的人来. "

Although it's not a lot of people for now, but at least I know that I must still be someone to them for them to want to come up to me and say that :)

Went down to NTU's Campus concert today. Claire 郭静 (Guo Jing) was here to perform.



可爱公主~郭静

(from the internet description)

Didn't manage to see her anywhere up close, so only get to see her face clearly after I did a search on her.

She was not really popular in Singapore, I guess. Since most of the people didn't even want the free ticket to this campus concert.
But just before I meet up with my Ayden guys and gals, actually 3 guys and 5 girls, out of 20...



My FOC Ayden.

Jiahe (GL), Danny, Alex
Joyce, Sze Hui, Cindy (SA), Xiu Wen (GL), Stephanie

Sze Hui was like calling me swimming prawn and also what future financial controller, and Alex poke me a few times to be President, then since I was a fake freshie, and that I should just also become a fake President. And I will have his full support -_-"
haha, they always been saying such crappy stuff. And that's what makes them fun to hang out with :P

Anyway, he said that he wants to walk my path. He joined FOC as GL, and also written his name down on the NAF form, for treasurer post.

Of course I also saw a lot of other friends :)



My group of Nanyang Arts Festival.
a lot of us wanted a "upgrade" , to learn more stuff. So we went on for the Exco interview.
Jiahe (Financial Controller), Alan (Logistic Director), Joel (Biz Director), Yiwen, Mie Lin, Maz and Yong Xi (upcoming chair)

Although Claire didn't prepare to perform much, her voice is quite nice. But I think it's a pity no one really write enough good songs for her, and that's why she haven't become a "bright star" yet. And her hit song 下一个天亮 is the only special song that have a tune that can let people "Orh! I hear that song before" after hearing it once. Most of the songs written for her is either too "fancifully tuned" or too boring. It's like a song with no noticeable "peaks" for people to get their attention to. Hope she gets some interesting songs written for her. She has a cute character and style of speech, which makes Xiu Wen, who's sitting beside me, to keep saying that "she's cute!", and Alex to go semi crazy....

and he shouted at least like 3 times by himself....

"郭静!你真的很美!!"
(Guo Jing, you are really very pretty!)

he even propaganda us to shout other stuff with him -_-"
haha! but he's actually okay lah. All for fun. ~LOL!

It's really feel good to be able to meet up with so many friends on this occasion, and also to realised that there's many many friends around me ,all waiting to add (oil) on me.
I thank those who sent me smses, and lots of MSN chat boxes to support me, even when I was on "away" mode for like almost the whole day. (I was in school and also back late as I went for CAC welcome tea for 2 days, and also block BBQ, which ended even later on Thursday 14/8)

I also thank Yiwen for being the first to really say out that she noticed I have become much skinnier... and sending me a sms which she unintentionally mentioned 2 "take care" in it. Okay, I got the idea.
I actually lost 3, close to 4 kg of already little fats and muscles from the viral fever 3 weeks ago... I ate little but heat up through for 2 separated nights.. as high as 40 plus degrees. (this is common for me, and I was thinking if that answers why my "harddisk" usually have unexpected problems)

Anyway, the CAC rally is next Monday, 18/8, 7pm at LT19A.... It's a time where the people and Excos are free to shoot at us, like Fig 11 of the army target board. (full body)
If you want to come and see how the people are shot or you feel like destressing by shooting some people, you can come. (but don't shoot us k... 人不好 will have bad karma. haha~)
But I not asking you all to come ah... it's just for info only. Can't vote on this day so don't come and waste time ok)

And the voting is separated. It will be on 21/8, Thurs (Union Day). So there will be no school, and the time opened for voting is the whole morning till early afternoon I think.

For this short period, I have been on the receiving end.... having all the encouragements and "dun worry" from friends. I sincerely thank you all for letting me realise how nice you all have thought of me.

haha, being alive is such a wonderful thing ~Aya
:)

No comments: