Happened to walk a shortcut from NIE to North Spine without using the bridge....and I bumped into my mum side's Cousin in NIE... surprize surprize!! Because most of my mum side's cousin is already working, I and my younger sister are the ones left still schooling in NTU. My female cousin had finished her English Degree 1 year ago, and now she's there training to be a teacher, which will finish in 1 year's time.
LOL!! The feeling is so CoOL!! to be seeing another family member in ULU NTU!! We exchanged numbers and I got stunned when she asked me something......
你知道我的名字吗?
(you know my name?)
er...er.... (crap la, I er... 1000X more still dunno one -__-")
But at least she knows that my "er..." is a response and didn't wait for me to "er...." till 天荒地老 =)
The reason being, I am 2nd youngest in the 2nd Generation from my Ah Ma.
So every cousin is Kor Kor and Jie Jie. Just like how all parent's friends are called "Uncles" and Aunties".
Then she ask me and my sis to meet up with her for lunch sometimes in school. CooL!!! Now there's someone who wants to eat with me often in school =) Okay, will try my best to gather my mini "family" in NTU. haha :)
haha, and no pictures :P
On 21/08 Thursday Union Day
Many friends asked me where is the voting location... Guess I didn't inform enough friends. Some was wondering why my name's not on the list. And I am really grateful that I had lots of friends who is eager to support me, even without any "reminder" for a week... wow~ I really do have great friends :) anyway, coincidentally meet Kah Hui and friends at the voting booth, and Thanks to Julian, now I am called "PRAWN!!!" Do note the "!!!" It sounds exactly how it looks.
And with some ultra boost from Kah Hui, now this thing is spreading like a unstoppable PRAWN "Retro" virus again....
It all started in Primary 5 or 6, when my form teacher pronounced my name as.....
"Jia Hey".... in Hokkien, it means "Eat Prawn"
It's just once. And that's it.
I was called hey (prawn) whenever I see them... till now I think -_-"
My class of 6C in Townsville Secondary School.... 1998!!!

Cool MAn! Got this from my Primary School classmate Charlene :P
These kind of photo is seriously interesting to look at after so long.
10 years later.....
Jiahe meets Jia Hui (Kah Hui)

Prawn from India with Kah Hui during the CAC Ball.
Kah Hui and her "prawN!!!" loud hailer.

That's Adabelle on the right. She's in the CAC Pageant and I got to know both of them from CAC FOC.
And both of them are the "Best Male and Female Freshie" of my year.
shit te.. I keep seeing them everywhere in NTU and keep getting their "PRAWN craP" -_-
Anyway, I had signed up to be CAC Photograher.
At least now I have a proper position name for doing what I have always been doing most of the time in CAC.... actually I don't really care -_-
But again, despite the CooL post. It's still considered a sub committee, which is consider the lowest in the chain. A 3 points for CCA.
Last year's cut off point was 12 for girls and 14 for guys for a place in hall.
This year's was 15... I was lucky I just met the mark. 7 for dist, 5 for CCA, 3 more for staying with foreigner, total 15....)
Points are actually made up of 2 parts. 9 points max for distance and 9 points max for CCA.
My home in Seng Kang (2nd last station in North East Line) was only 7 points. Basically, one must be living not only in a far place, but also a "ulu" place in Singapore to be able to get 8 or 9.
Points are generally in this order in CAC.
Exco - 9 points (max, and special project directors are in Exco as well)
Vice - 7 points
Main Committee - 5 points
Sub Committee - 3 points.
But points will not stacked. NTU will only take the highest points among all the CCA that one have joined...
My last year's contribution gave me 5 points (hall sub comm publication or NAF main comm)
Now the way I decide my CCA, it MUST fulfill these 2 criteria.
1) Learn something new and that interests me
2) Enough points so that I can have a hall next year for sure.
reason for the 2nd point, my home is at the opposite side of Singapore.
And after last year's experience of the ultra high cut off point.... I must make sure I get enough points this time.
Plans of Position to run for in Order.
1) CAC Financial Controller (Exco)
2) CAC Vice Biz Director
3) Hall Vice Publication
4) Hall..... Any Vice of any special Project.... can take me in..... pls -_-" (must I be so suay to run through the whole order to reach here..... I think my "cui" luck is somewhere there)
Any of this post will give me enough points to stay in hall, on top of learning the experience.
Of course I have already considered if I can actually be able to manage such "high ranking" posts. I am not that totally "stupid", although I always say that of myself here -_-"
So maybe just to write down a bit, what I have done for the past few years, so in case I may need to write for resume, I can just refer to here.
CAC FC - relavant experience, Triple Standing Champ (and also curse and swear Champ) for treasurer. Sec School NCC Treasurer, Army welfare IC and Treasurer, NTU CAC NAF Treasurer.
Hall Vice Publication - I have been around NTU for quite a lot of events, and not because I am in my hall's publication sub comm as a Photographer, I have taken lot of formal and informal pictures thanks to my "automated" mode. (taking photos is not difficult, the part which takes most time is the filtering of "unglam" shots, lousy or blur pictures, and sending part.... dunno why, but any big or small event, minimum 200 photos -_-" )
And 3 of my JC "stunned even myself" things I did. The first one being the choice to join my friend as a OGL. (almost died opening my mouth...)
万事起头难
(all head start starts difficult)
:)
As I was poor in my talking, I was working on it to improve. So I was sort of "Sales Trained".
One thing that I still remember what my first mentor from my Internet Broadband roadshow promoter said to me.
To be successful in current times, one can't just be the "Jacks of All Trades".
Sometimes, we have to be "Bastards of All Trades" to succeed.
So many times, he advice me that if I continue my way, my chances of being successful is low even if I try my best....
there are some things which should not be said, and some that should be said, but I just used the way I believe is right, which is wrong in their sense.
But with my method, I still did top the sales in one of the weeks.
(but it's just once :P)

This picture was taken when my 1st "given" Sony camera came to life for the first few times after I bought the missing charger. Was still a noob with cameras then, but happened to take the camera to my workplace and try it out!
Top sales in the region lei.... and youngest in the whole Singapore team loh! haha~!
Age 18, working months before NS.
But I also did above average for most times bah :P
So this taught me something. Even if everyone else say that it's impossible, it's still possible if you believe in it. I will continue to believe and improve on it until it's really proven impossible. But I guess I am not that stupid yet to really believe in something that is illogical to that state yet :P
Okay, so all in all, if you can "picture" what you can actually do, you actually have the potential to do it. I heard this since Secondary School, but haven't been able to understand till a few years back. So just give everything a try if you want :)
Okay, time to drift back to my thoughts.
So, before I take up any CCA, it must fit both criteria. And also to consider the fact that I will need more time to study this year..... the CCA must not be too time consuming.
After the first choice was off, the 2nd choice was off soon as well.
But before I reach the date to start my 3rd option, my friend, now the CAC FOC Director Max, called me up to offer me 2 posts. Treasurer and Chief Business Manager. 2 in 1 combo....
No interview, no questions about my experience, nothing.....
I was very glad that I had that much of trust from one more friend....
but despite the cool position names.... it clashes with my point (2).
It's only 5 points for main committee. (I will need at least a 7 to be above average)
At that time I was still hoping Joel, who's also my friend to take me in as his Vice Biz Director, which will fulfill the 2 criteria. But I can tell from his "informal" interview for me that he have more choices above me from his "polite" rejection words.
But it is obvious that Max treasures my presence.
So, I tried to go out of my "logic gates" plan after Max called me....
It took me some time to overrun my programmed decision.
Then I thought.....
whatever la, no hall.... no hall loh.
Or maybe if I am lucky enough to get a "interview" for hall, 2nd round or 3rd then get in, also can la....
So I smsed him my decision.
But because I told him that I won't want to take back the Treasurer post, I most probably will just take the Chief Biz that's all. I can train the treasurer for him :)
(I have so much complains about the Treasurer post regarding the ultra monotonous and low job satisfaction level that I am close to swearing not to touch that crap ever in my life again.... everytime -_-")
So he had a discussion with the rest to try to pick a Treasurer.
But my end decision is, I will take up the challenge. 2 posts.
And if I get it, with my new 4 times running and complaining Treasurer record, I will take back the Financial Controller post again in 2 years time. I WILL.
But see what's their decision is like bah, I won't want to take away another interviewee's chance of being a treasurer if he or she really hopes to learn something :)
Okay, and on Friday night, Wushu's Freshmen Orientation Camp.
This time, I am officially a senior member. No Fakie Freshie :)
Actually I planned to help out in just the Friday night.
but then I realised we do not enough Seniors for manpower. So I guess I can contribute as the camp's GL now and then (if needed) when the seniors are away on preparation.
(it seems like I am the only free one with GL experience to keep any humans occupied with some lame game to fill time.....)
So I ended up going down on the next day Saturday to help as well, just in case my friends needs some ideas. Anyway, the current main committee was all my friends, Chairman, Vice, whatever. And Logistics Head still owe me a pair of Wushu pants, shoes, and shirt -_-. Haha~! Anyway, they asked me to be their Head Publication last time, but I had to turn down as I have other plans. And they supported me :)
I thank this bunch of funny and "gay" guys.
Erm... description of feelings and..... maybe a bit literal :P
We had our first group photo with the freshies and Seniors :)

Then after that, they played the Wushu warmup game.
贴膏药 (tie gao yao - Paste Plaster)
So it's like 1 catcher and 1 runner. The objective is to not let the catcher catch you. To be save, just have to run to the front of any person in the circle. Then the person behind will need to try to look for a place to be "un-targeted" by the catcher.
If catcher can't catch 3 person, he or she will out for a forfeit with a pre-allocated partner :P
So the forfeit is this. One partner have to try to shift the potato chip from him nose and eat from the mouth.
This is Guan Hong the Vice Chair. Mr Gorgeous for Pageant lei!
He can't stop laughing. So his potato chip felt for the first few times.
Guan Hong and partner Crystal (MAE yr 2 freshie to Wushu) keep coming out for forfeits. haha, so lucky :P
Time for Guan Hong's partner to eat the chips.
Guess it's payback time, for his partner to him.
And as a "Wushu" CCA..... the forfeit of course is... wushu style.....
Every chip dropped, feet open 1 foot length :O
And check out the number of chips dropped.
Crystal on left, Guan Hong on right
:P
And Gary the pageant's male champ Mr Shine went up to congratulate him for being Mr Gorgeous.
Ultra EvilLL!!
Then it's Ivan the out going Training IC's turn.
First, it all started with a chip.
Then the chip continue to went down the hill.
Then it's Guan Hong's turn to take photo. haha! Karma.
Qi Yun, Ivan and Guan Hong
They even sat down to watch him.
Anyway, he's from 国家武术队,so they had fun seeing him holding it there @_@
(Singapore Wushu Team)
And that's his finale opening before his partner Sam (maybe short for Samantha or something) decided that she's hungry enough to eat the chip :P
And to end off this part we had our games at the School of Biological Sciences (SBS)....
Showing the previous Chair, Gary the Pageant King doing a perfect split.
!!!??
Then at night, they have planned for this "Fright Night".
And they only have 1 programmer throughout the whole camp, and that's Ardy (His real name is Andy, but heard that because last time email contact typed wrongly, they called him by this cool name till now. haha!)
And most Seniors was off for makeup, and that's why I was back there at SBS, to suggest some basic FOC ice breaker games.
Presenting the "Ghosts"......
Wan Qing. Current Logistic Head I think.
Ivan, the out going "old" training IC.
You can tell his age from his hair. ~LOL!!
Then the 7th Month Festival Group photo.
Although I am quite against the idea of Fright Night in this "Chinese" period of the time, but what to do. And Photographer somemore -_-"
(and recalling that since young, Mum ask me not to "anyhow" take photo. Zzzz....)
Anyway, nothing happened and I'm am glad that I didn't manage to play the real life version of "Fatal Frame" from Play Station 2..... 佛祖保佑....
(Buddha bless me)
Then the next day, Saturday 23/08/08. We had somemore physical games.
First, it's the standard Wushu warmup game.
鱼网。
(yu wang - fish net)
The current and the previous chairman, Cheng Liang and Gary.
(passing on the gay culture scandal)
and this is Jun Yong with Xiao Fang Fang (Jian Fang)
And this is not even a forfeit yet. Jun Yong just decided to pose for the camera while holding hands.
And it happened to turn out like this. (I think he will kana laughed at for quite sometime for this picture... hahaha!)
Poor Jian Fang :P
After that, we went Yun Nan Garden for our Water Bomb War Game.
(Write down their names before I forget after 1 week :P)
Gary, Yong3 Zai4, Zi2 Wei3, Ivan, Han Chi, Yin3 Han2, Crystal, erm.....
Cheng Liang, Jian Fang, Wan Qing, Hui4 Mei3, Mei3 Ling2, Xiu4 Hui4, Guan Hong, Jun Yong
(no need 1 week, I already need to refer to contact list for hints.... -_-")
Jun Yong a.k.a Xiao Bai Cai getting caught in another "paparazzi" material.
Merlion's Bro: The Mer-tiger, with the water coming out some other place....
The war starts.
Check out the number of "on air" bombs!!
The Direct Hit.
Jian Fang.
Ying Han.
Reloading.
The war zone...
The "World Peace" photo.
Guess it's not that "peaceful" afterall :P
After that, we went back to wash up. Lucky that they decided to end early at 12.58pm, instead of the original 7pm.
We meet at 2.30pm for Steamboat at Canteen 5.
The boss, who is a uncle, saw us there on a Saturday afternoon. He was so happy that he gave us 10 eggs free. On the house.... I mean on the Canteen!
Uncle: 拿十粒蛋来,算我的!(get me 10 eggs quick! Count on me.... meaning, bill it on me.)
And you noticed that uber big plate of Ice Kachang.... the uncle was so happy, dunno why. Then he gave us another Ice Kachang combo for free!!
Anyway, he saw my big camera, and ask me to help him print a big photo for him. And he will pay me the cost.
Ok, then we had fun eating. And went back at around 4.30pm.
Only slept for less than 6 hours last night as I came back from Supper at 3.15am, and woke up at 9am.
Ok, the time from I am back till now is used to stone around, rest a while, and filter the pictures, upload them, and update this blog. 1 day burned again.
@_@ @_@ @_@ @_@ @_@ @_@ @_@
Crap.... I can't keep getting myself into so many FOFA weeks.... I need to abstain and really go do what I am supposed to do here.
Rest turtle.... and have energy to study.
Ok, gonna rest :)
1 comment:
Post a Comment