Sunday, March 29, 2009

Engineering notes are great.

I am a visual person.
I learn things fastest when I see how it happens.

But in engineering notes..... all I see is these......



Explanation of visual stuff without any diagrams!?

And the "all words" page.....



even if a diagram appears, it's all symbols and no "linking" words of explanation......

It's like.... when a 3 year old kid ask you how a apple looks like.....
you describe it in all the funny words and symbols and tell how the shape all links up. And what's worst, you left the kid all STUN there alone and continue to tell him all about how pear and other fruits looks like now with super COOL words like "water melon is a fruit which looks like a complex number with a with |z-a|= ρ and its interior ("open circular disk") is given by |z-a|≤ ρ ......

and to help you understand more......

|z-a|≤ ρ is also called a neighbourhood of a.



wow that helps -_-"

At least give a diagram and support it with words lah!!!




Isn't it so much better?

And a typical lecture page will end up looking like this after a few hours of struggling.



Note: The key words are "a few hours" and "a page".
(that's pathetically slow ah @#$%^&^%$~!)

And you haven't seen the best yet.......
explanation of a 3D diagram with words and a arrow in a special direction which is suppose to be 3D..... on a 2D paper.






Now imagine the diagrams without all the coloured drawings.

totally Cool bananas.

The lecturer usually just draw so much colour and stuff at such a incredible speed that most "drawings" looks like "carbon art of a paper". (I bought the coloured pencils specially for this)

Sometimes I may even have more writings than the notes itself -_-"

That's why I say..... it's better for me not to be a engineer......

I'll end up making explosive cars -_-"

No comments: