Saturday, March 21, 2009

The last time I am "going out" again.

Just to note down the events that happened this week :)

1. Potluck organised by my 4 main seniors of my blk 51: Xiao Jiao, Yu Zhuang, Sylvia and Alvin.
It was on a Monday, 16 Mar 09. They started preparing at around 4+, and everything only started at 8+pm. They are really a bunch of cool people! Glad that they have one another for company, and they made the whole block of people happy :)



And there's also some more seniors and freshie who helped out as well.
But it's not really like a "potluck". Basically the few of them bought all the food and they asked everyone to join in for the "dinner".
Most of us didn't put in a single food -_-


Freshies appeared, with all sort of funny stuff like packet drinks and even breakfast cereal to join in the so called "potluck". haha!



Anyway, the "potluck" ended up becoming a "farewell to seniors" kind of thing.



Ya, glad to have these kind of people around :)

Then came 20 Mar 09, Friday morning at 12am.

The freshies invited everyone to join in for our 2 freshies birthday celebration.



It's been a long time since I took any photos for any "celebrations", since most of the seniors either left or got too old to play liao. So I lost my rice bowl in year 2 -_-

Then came this celebration. I just took out my camera and re-lived the moment when I am still a "freshie", and took lots of photos.
And then I realised that I haven't used "my way" of taking photos for quite a while already!!









And this time, as the photographer, I still got the "cream" on my back thanks to the birthday boy -_-"

Guess times have changed. Photographers are not "invulnerable" anymore among the "younger" generation ^_-

On Thursday night, I attend a talk by Buddhist Society from NTU, named "How to end sufferings". They invited 4 special guest, 1 of them is a Accounting Prof in NTU, and 1 of them is a "Zen Master".
It was a good talk. And I realised that a "Zen Master" is a person who "thinks" alot. Confucius is also a Zen Master right?

HAha, nowaday, the human population has been in too many different..... dunno what word to use...... shall not use too much brain at this late night.......so I just label it as "pollutant"!?

Therefore a wide range of characters appears.

You can see a few percent of the "Holy people" to the common "Zen" and even "iPod" masters in today's world (ha okay, nonsense :P)

I felt that the talk is very helpful to most people who attended. If those who came understood what they heard, they should become more peaceful :)
It's not like a psychoing session to join Buddhist Society or turn students into "Monks and Nuns" kind of thing. These guys who came down just wanted to help people to "think positive". They are really good with thinking :)

Maybe just one line from the Zen Master, for you :)

人生不幸有八九何不常多想一二

(Out of 10 things in life contains 8-9 misfortunes, but why not think of 1 and 2 more?)

Think that way from now on :)

Very soon, the week ended. Pasted 2 quizzes and because this week is E-learning week, I chalked up much online lectures to be clear by Sat before I go back home for the last time, and back here for a "1 month confinement in hall" treatment again.

On Saturday night, I will be going for my friend's birthday 21st Celebration. Dun really know and talk to her before, but got invited as a whole since I am also under the "friends" list in CAC. haha... anyway, I told her that since I know most of the people there as well, I don't mind being her photographer if she needs one. At least it give me some form of entertainment and this will be the few times I am able to take photos "outside".

Ok now, should go to sleep. A list of online lectures is in queue tomorrow.

And I also attend another "Sleeping without Pills" talk, for 30 min only out of the 1 hr as I have to go for lab classes.

The Doctor who was invited down to give the talk was talking a "subject" that I mostly "understood"!
Maybe it's been too common for me to sit in lectures and getting stuns and more stuns. So it feels interesting that I am able to relate to what this "lecturer" has to say this time. But it was sad that I couldn't attend the whole thing.

Anyway, here's the handout given to us. Read it if you want :)

Guidelines to a good night sleep :)






I actually know most of the stuff on this paper!! haha :P

Hope it helps you if you are feeling the stress :)

No comments: