Friday, January 23, 2009

Chinese "Niu" Year

Been going out early and coming back late most of the days this week, as usual. But there's still quite some interesting stuff going on in school.

On Monday, I helped my wushu club took pictures and videos for their 15 min performance for the Chinese Society outside LT1A.



The whole performance was really good! haha! didn't know we have so many well skilled kungfu people around. It looks like I am seriously missing out lots of it for the past semester..... can't do much about it anyway so..... okay loh....

Then on the next day, there's this Cyberathletic stuff going on outside the same LT1A again.




All of this row is playing CS.



But I saw 1 emo guy on the other side, playing DOTA by himself. ok, whatever....


Then this is the first time I saw Guitar Hero, from all the times I heard about it.



At night on Tuesday, I went down to SRC initially, to go run for the Inter School Games, route relay. But then, because the team manager was quite lousy with his management skills, I got downgrade from a runner, to a reserve then to a nothing. Ok, whatever. But I still got 2 free shirts. Anyway, I gave him some feedbacks about his style of handling, hope he will change in future.

After that, I thank him for the shirts and off I went for my FOC meeting.
And the meeting lasted from 6.30pm till 1.15am -_-"
No choice la huh... when shit comes, the only way is to clear it.
you won't want it to continue stinking. But I'm still quite lucky that some of them realised that I'm "overworked" even though I am usually assuring them that I am fine. But thinking back, although I may want to try and figure out my way, I am still glad that that they helped to ease my job scope, or I wouldn't stop my mental degrading and maybe start recovering from all the brain damage, and also come up with a new theory (again?).

Discovery: Most of the human race doesn't care much about how people feel and what they can do to make others feel better. And human behave in a way such that they do things because it benefits them in a way or another.

So I have come up with something.

The Joker's Theorem

The Joker's Theorem states that, if you are serious with doing something, and you are not treated seriously in return.......

why so serious.



So I should not be so serious with someone who doesn't treat things seriously. It just a waste of energy.

So I have learnt and decided to be "serious" when I am with "serious" people and stop wasting my effort if they are not.

Okay, maybe I should go play Serious Sam.



Seriously lame la Lin-Jiahe -_-"

okay, nvm.
Continue.

On Wed, I have training for Route Relay.
It's our last training already and I have missed the previous 2. One on Sunday night, which I didn't go for because of the Track Event because my legs just turned too "sour" and couldn't be neutralized in time.

The Tuesday one was skipped because of the meeting after the "ISG" event, as it lasted overtime.

But because I have been cycling around and lack of rest, I only managed 1 round of the actual route, and when they were about the start the 2nd slow round, and back to hall, my legs experience some cramp-like feeling and I had to walk the shortcut back.

A teammate was nice enough to turn back after he heard my calls to the group. And he walked with me back :)

Thursday was another long day, started from 8.30am in the morning and ended at 4.30pm with only a 1 hr lunch break.

And after I am back, I was so tired that a planned 5 min nap, so I have some energy to go bath, turn out to be a 2 hr knock out, on the table. my right hand and right leg almost felt like it's gone after I woke up.

Anyway, time flies and it was soon 11.15pm, and it's time for me to go visit Da Qing's arcade to play the "Legendary" Guitar Hero!!! I have asked him and his arcade hours are only that time. Anyway, he have to sleep early because of IA, so I told him that I will just try 1 game :)

It's my first time holding a "guitar". haha!
And Da Qing, my Route Relay manager, was amazed that as a starter, I am able to hit the buttons although it's on "Easy" mode. Anyway, I requested for a "5 button" easy mode because I will only get a chance to play once, so might as well make it a challenging one :P
But the "Expert" level that he selected for me got me stunned and killed in 10 seconds. So had to go back to the "Easy" mode.

Then after that, back to my room, writing this entry.


Anyway, something interesting that I have noted. I have many friends around. But interesting, almost 100% of the people only recognised me as the friend, who is a photographer. It seems like they know nothing about me.

So what else I do? haha.
I think it's because almost 100% of the people talk to me and ask me the same questions for the past 1 year, and that's why they decided to just remember me as a "person with a big camera" (although there's many other with even bigger camera but still, that's what they always say, when they told me how they remember me)

So what are the "same questions"?
ha, here's some of them......

1. So how's school?
2. Eh what's your course?
3. How's last sem?
4. You stay in Hall?
5. Where you live?
6. Are you involve in any school activities?
7. How to do this question...?
8. How's life!?

So are you one of those who usually ask this kind of stuff? Ah ha! You should change. These questions are used too much nowadays.......

I call it the "Hi Bye" lines. And because of these "Hi Bye" lines, I keep talking and replying the same stuff. And talking about the same stuff everyday you see friends, is no joke. It makes people emo, in a way. (it feels like..... am I just that? Isn't there anything else you care about, like what rice I eat to make myself so skinny or other stuff?)

And the worst part of it..... is that people just merely talk (for the sake of talking), and not even ask, or even tries to "understand" a friend through talking. I have a friend who just don't get tired asking "So how's tutorial?" for 2 semester,
A YEAR LONG
.
If he's still here, I think he may still be asking me and in my current state, I most probably would have asked him to get a life instead of replying the same old line like some 老人痴呆镇 youngster. (老人痴呆镇 = Alzheimer's Disease)

Unless he feel high whenever I reply with this "aiyo, same loh. As always cannot catch up, Aiyo, don't ask me about tutorials... I get headaches"

At least offer to help me lah!!
(although I am lucky enough to have friends offering to help me, but I just don't feel it's right to waste their time, so I don't ask them much. Also cos I also don't have any other studying knowledge to give back -_-)

Okay, back to the "Hi Bye" lines topic.

Sometimes, it's good to give "real" feedback, instead of just using those few simple lines.

1. Hey you new hairstyle definately crap.
2. You look like 财神爷 for this new year. Been enjoying food lately?
3. You looked tired, you should rest more and take care of your body.

Okay, I am not teaching anyone to become "more real" and this is not some "skill" that I learn to "smoke" friends or what. And some worst still, these's people who actually used NTU as a "networking" place.

What da turtle.

And if you ever receive some crap comments from me. I just want to let you know that I treat you as really good friends.

I am not fake....... at least.
But still, no one knows me. About what I am busy with, why am I busy with, my beliefs, my goals, my favourite food or whatever.

Not that I know of....

This blog also doesn't contain a lot bah... So "reading me like a book" doesn't tells much.


And you may think..... how can it be almost 100% of my current friends doesn't knows me? haha.
I know because I am "talking to myself" most of the time.

Okay, one of my secondary friend say it's funny (I think he meant crazy") when he saw that "Jiahe is talking to Jiahe".... and vice versa somemore -_-"

But you know, I realised that I'm not really crazy. Yar, I know that those who are drunk won't say they are drunk, and those who say they are not mad are most likely mad. haha!

I just learned that this ability is called "intrapersonal" intelligence, from my module which I took last semester, "Working in the 21st Century".

Intrapersonal - one of the 7 multiple intelligence

haha, so I am still have some intelligence :P
But still, how I hope I don't have to talk to myself about 90% of the stuff. It's tiring when you have to "talk and listen" at the same time.

Okay, and that's why I say people should have a listening ear. It's really releases lot of stress. Amazingly, just by telling someone through talking will "share the burden" by half.

Anyway, yesterday on Tuesday night, the ICON Alumni Networking talk, where they invited ex NTU students back, was a great experience for me.

Not for the fact that they had these after that.....




But we get to listen to these great people giving advices on their past 10+ years of experience in the working world.



And most of them said some lines, which gave me some hope in life :P

"You don't have to have to be 1st or 2nd class honours to get a good job"

"Basically the honours just gave you a initial boost of income, the rest is mostly still up to your performance and intelligence." (stated by Gartner)

"I am just a 3rd class honours!"

"I don't even have honours!!!"


And I am writing it here to make more people feel less hopeless, and to give myself hope again when I seems to forgot every now and then.

Okay, time to sleep. Tomorrow still have a 11.30 am - 1.30 pm lesson in school.

I have just received some music from my hall friend, it claimed to have a"intelligence boosting" effect and some of them can induce a "good night sleep". Going to just play it through the night to try.

Anyway, I also came up with the same idea of using "music theralpy" last time.



haha! Smart eh!! Jiahe's hypothesis got some standard one leh!

(now does anyone wants to believe my Turtle's Law?)


Okay, hope everyone will get many many hong baos :)
time to sleep!!

Wishing you a Happy Year!

No comments: