Monday, January 19, 2009

Finally, some meaningful events....

Early in the morning, at 6.30am, I woke up.
Was going to meet up for breakfast, on a Saturday, back in hall.

Today feels so meaningful.
Unlike most days, I feel a sense of direction.
For the past half a year, I think I have lost direction, lost some motivation, most probably due to too much brute force clearing and working problems out, alone most of the times.

but for today, I was meeting up with a team of people. And I know that everyone have the same common goal....

And today it's the day of the Track and Field events.

Although we all knew we won't win at all, I'm still happy for the simple fact that.....
we didn't consider giving up.

And it's when I'm with these kind of people, it gives life some sense of meaning. Maybe cos I've met quite a few lousy encounters for the past half a year or what, I felt especially alive today.

Anyway, my hall Publication side had some miscommunication, and I became the photographer of the event. (haha... photographer again...?)

But again, still I'm quite glad, I manage to take down "my own" memories again, and I had 2 more "students" also....

To pass on some photography knowledge :)

The sky was blue, air was nice and all.



After we went for 2 rounds of warmup, we went back.




It's feels great to know that it's "your" team who is going for "war".



And to have heartbeats as fast as those on the tracks, even thought I am outside the tracks.




And this is my first student of the day, as I was using my 2nd camera (the LX3), and passing some of my "Jiahe style" aura to her so she can duplicate my pictures.



Although most pictures seemed quite off as they are still not used to taking "fast" shots, I was glad that they manage to take a few picture with me inside.....



haha... this is the only few times I saw myself doing "something". Not just standing beside someone and look into the camera, listening to some "3, 2, 1.... okay".

And the pictures tells a story. Like what I always say.
It actually shows how I tried to caught back up to the person, who overtook me.

It's a 4 X 800 m, we are to run 2 rounds around the track, and I am the last runner.

This should still be the 1st round, right after that hall 9 吃药” 的 fellow flew past me.

At the 2nd and last round, I was furiously trying to catch up to him. But the pH level hit ZERO for some time already, so he's still in front of me at the finishing line.



Wow, didn't know I looked like that. The max "sour-ness" seriously made my face sour.

Then right after the race, when I have just came in and walked on the grass.......
my noob student says............

"Let take a Team Photo!!" happily. As we came in like top 8 out of 16 halls.....

!!??
I am currently at pH 0... And I had to put in a few million % effort......

to change from this face




to this.......



just to give a 3 seconds pH 7 looking face -_-"

Couldn't stand properly from the maximum acidity. It's the first time I reach this level.
Anyway, it's only my 2nd time running for a track event. The first was in JC, when I came in second.... from the last :P

After a while, we went back to the sheltered area, and we decide to take some team photos again.

A picture of me at pH 2....



And guess which one is my sis? haha!
(my sis and I was in the same team, 4 X 800m..... the running duo, haha)

Then finally, end off with a bigger team photo.



Some of them went off already straight after the event. There should be like 3 more of them.

After that, went back to hall, done quite a number of stuff but still didn't manage to finish, I went out. And I have great lucks when it comes to taking short pathetic naps.... this time, I tried to take a 30 mins nap to "quick charge" a while, and some guy, dunno karma clash with mine or what, called me again right in between.

Hey you stalker, you should know who you are :P

Then with me all shag out, had to start dragging myself out, taking the MRT and sleeping through from Boon Lay to Pasir Ris, to celebrate Yiwen's 21st Birthday. Anyway, I sort of "missed" the highlights as I didn't noticed the "cake cutting" session was the earlier day, in her 2 day long celebration. Anyway, I couldn't make it also as I will have to rest early for the event in the morning.

Glad that the small group of us got to meet up again after so long.... ya it feels long to me.



Happy advance 21st Birthday Yiwen!!
And the next week is going to another busy week for me.... but still glad that I still have a "fighting" Route Relay team still training with me.....

run jiahe run.... :)
(and just an additional note: I don't call myself a turtle, I refer it to my journey, my life)

No comments: