Friday, December 7, 2007

Updates for other Cavemen around. 2/6/07 - 6/12/07

6/12/07 Thursday.

Ha, and the caveman went back to his cave (hall).
This is what the caveman made for himself early in the morning 6 o'clock. Erm... no....
太阳把我的屁屁晒烧了... It's 11 am.

(The sun burnt my butt = Used to describe someone waking up so late that the sun rays have already shone into the window .. erm... but don't use in my way, cavemen are a bit wrong in general)

. A fresh 番薯 (sWeet PotaTo)!!!




It's has been a while since I take a walk into the world. Let me update all other fellow "cavemen" and "cavewomen" if you are also like me, no one jio-ed me out.. yet. HaHA!

Let me start from the day I end my job on Sunday, 02/12/07. On the last day, we each receive a $135 pay cheque. For just 2 days, it's not bad :). After work, wanted to see the world so badly that I walk from my work place, from Tanjong Pagar, Chinatown, Clarke Quay, City Hall, Douby Ghaut, Somerset then to Orchard. Saw many interesting things, but it just didn't really raised much interest. Shall just show the changes that I have seen from just this small part of Singapore.

(Beware: Loads of Pictures - If you are not a cave bound, you may want to skip this part)

First stop - Chinatown

It's has been a long time since I steped in Chinatown. And this building popped out. This temple is cooL and big. The name is 佛牙寺(Buddha's Tooth Temple.. haha)







The Entrance




I look small when I stand below the building.



Is this the "Buddhist" version of the western tooth fairy?
Oh man... dropped all my milk teeth before I came to know this.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On the lively street of Chinatown. Throughout the year, it's always feel like we are in the mood for New Year.






Then, I saw this....




"Hohoho~! Merry Christmas!", he said while he walked.
Celebrating ChriStMas on a street where everyone is celebrating NEw YeAR the whole YeAR?
He looks so "off" from the streets lah. Dunno whether it's the whole street that's wrong or him. Laughs~


Anyway, he is the famous boss on the street stall selling some special sausage, hotdog, and what not. Think he opened another shop as well. Some German bread shop?





Anyway, Santa... 小心被桔子砸。。。 (Good luck, be careful not to get smash by mandarin oranges)


~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^

Then... I got to Clarke Quay... nice night scenary :)



Sat there for like 10 mins, observing the boats floating around, music from the other side of the river, and I think I look more like tourist from all the tourist there. haha! Like seeing the world for the first time.


Before I say good bye, took a final picture of the river.



Nice....

^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^

As turtle walk to the left as turtle walk to the right, as he walk, as he walk, as he walk all night~
Got to Raffles City, and as usual, took pictures along the way.





The row of snowman. ~ In Clarke Quay - Central Shopping Centre




There's not much decorations this year. Only Christmas trees. Anyway, they always look so nice everytime.





All other decorations were really boring. Guess the 7% Give Singaporean Trouble is having a effect on everyone huh..
And I shall show you why I am not really amazed by the things I saw at Orchard, which I place my hopes on the most. Like what I have said initially, "saw many interesting things, but it just didn't really raised much interest. "


-_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_-


From Clarke Quay, I tried to walk to Douby Ghaut, but yeah... hor lan-ed.
(Hokkien, Hor lan means got lost, mostly used by army boys when they happily stroll around forested areas... right after #$%^&^%$# are said)


Went pass this old Fire Station.




Then passed Fort Canning..



It feels like my first time being at Fort Canning.. Acutally came here when I was in Sec 1 in NCC (National Cadet Corps, army for the cute young boys), to do CIP. Was there to clean up the park. Something lame happened to me there as well. hoho.. there's this one and last time I tried to be hardworking, decided to pick up a rubbish on a slope, but skidded... and I ran all the way down the hill. Friends all laugh like SiAo, lucky I am still here alive to laugh at myself ~ :P


First guy I saw before I enter Orchard Rd. Saw this guy selling his house on TV "last week".
(Am I outdated, haha.. heard about him, but never really see him on TV until recently)




Junction to Cineleisure.





And I almost forgot how Macdonald's Ice cream taste like... last one was like 2 years ago?




Saw this hamster exercising for Christmas suit. Run ham ham run!





The Christmas tree @ PS.





Along the ever busy road of Orchard.





And the cheapo decorations of the buildings. Basically all just use strings of light bulbs hanging around.

At Marriott....




Then at Wisma...




At Tangs...



And the most value for money decoration... Once Christmas over, I think they are going to just add 财神爷 on top, and start celebrating New yEAr. (财神爷= Fortune God, God who's in charge of $$$, pray for good wealth. Good for 4Ds. He is multi lingual, even Bangaladesh pray to him.)




Didn't manage to bump into any old friends at Orchard... Aw... how sad.

But I met a new friend... The first time I noticed him, I know he's going to be the one who will make my day. His smile is sOo... sincere and true.





.... Anyway, he didn't stop smiling even after the good byes.

Must be the effects of taking "Happy Meals" everyday :)

-_-" -_-" -_-" -_-" -_-" -_-" -_-" -_-" -_-" -_-" -_-"



Saw another guy taking the same bag as me.




I am LEGEND too. - "The Last man on Earth is not Alone. Co0l poses come in pairs."
"Now showing"


-_-""" -_-""" -_-""" -_-""" -_-""" -_-""" -_-""" -_-"""


More NiCer stuff before I end the update.






Outside Paragon












Yeah.... All good things must come to an end. No. But it's not the end yet.


-------------------------------------------------------------------

"Now showing" - 2nd Day, Monday, 3/12/07.
"Back to the future - Episode 1 - Back to the hall...."


Came back to hall at 2 pm. Getting ready to watch Wilber Pan concert at NTU. Actually the idea of catching up with my great friend's around is the purpose of coming back. But..... End up only Mie Lin was there. Went there with my younger sister, who's also in NTU studying 1st year. The guys to gals ratio was like 3 is to 10? Guess Wilber attracts more "yin" forces ya. (females = yin, common in Ancient Chinese Martial arts fighting shows)

Anyway, not many people came. It's not as much as the last Zhang Zhen Yue concert, and that time even the steps are filled up!


Before Wilber's appearance.








Seng Kiat, can you see where you are in the picture? Haha.
Think the highest row (right of picture) are from the CAC FOC commitee, saw some familiar faces as well :)



Wilber's moves were cool. Can see that he really have many things up his sleeves. (He is wearing his sleeves)
Funky dance moves, language improved a lot from the "last time" I heard about him. (Note the "last time", I can't recall when was it, so should be quite long already. HaHA.)





His poster throwing sessions. Fans scream like mad. There was this time when the people from the crowd were asked to come up on stage and sing his songs. Then i realised that, in the small guys ratio, most are acutally from China. Their singing was not bad!



As always, all the pure "Chinese" will be seating in front. They came early to queue outside the LKC-LT. (China students are always sitting in front during aLL Lectures, and I must emphasize. It's ALL. And they are super smart.)


-----------------------------------------------------------------------


Half time - Do take a pee break, it will be good for your bladder.

Stay tune. More will come... after the break.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Episode 2 - Tuesday 4/12/07 - 3rd day, "Back to the human world"

Yes... the time has come for me to get out of hall.
"Ring ring", my roomie called.
He said that he need to come back hall on Wed night as well, but he is already home sick.
-Sick of his home already.

So he ask me whether I will be staying in hall as well. My plan was actually to go out, buy a camera, and shoot back home to hug my DaDDy and MummY. But in the end, met Alvin, (my sec school friend till now, roomie), at Sim Lim Square and came back hall.... But this time, with a roomie :)

And yea.... fulfilled another wish of mine in the wishlist. But my whole pants got burnt, not just a hole.... bought a Panansonic FZ18 in place of Fujifilm camera. It's better according to a website.
Shall buy new pants after I work out my "job plan" for the month in the mist of my busy Dec schedule. How I wish I can really rest...

Anyway....

3) Fujiflim FinePix S8000fd (Pls drop from the sky..)

Wish is fulfilled. Jiahe bought Jiahe a Panasonic FZ18 after much consideration. A great motivation to live on tough times. Shall make more great memories for myself to recall, and smile "teethlessly" at after half a century... (^_^)"

And beforethe day ends, my roomie suggested to run around NTU, for the first time! And it has been a long time since I ran as well. Only ran half a round, only about 2 km.... wow, sure it feels great to be on the fast pace once again :)
btw, jiahe loves running but hates running alone. That's why he haven't been running for quite some time le.


(^_^)"(^_^)"(^_^)"(^_^)"(^_^)"(^_^)"(^_^)"(^_^)"(^_^)"(^_^)"


Episode 3 - Wednesday 5/12/07 - 4th day, "Back to the Kid's World - Board Games"

On this day, the actual plan was to get the whole of my hall people to Sentosa. But the number of people became so low - Sick and injured are increasing. And right after the shii...oOK! feeling from yesterday's exercise, I woke up "lamed".... 2 legs can't stop "laughing" and "giggling" at me. Zzzz.... Can't walk the stairs properly for the day.
Then, we called for a Plan B.
Met at Holland Village at Settler's Cafe from 2-6pm. One flat student rate - $6 for the whole of 4 hours. Free flow of drinks!! I think it's a good time to meet up there everyone :)
Ate a "student" meal there $4 per plate. ~ Chicken Cutlet.






One of the games the 4 big boys played.




And Jun Wen (sitting) is the winner. King Him!
*To 50 years later Ah Peh Turtle - Jun Wen is your Ang Mo Kio Sec school mate, now Hall mate as well. Marvin (most right), you met him in NTU, also in CAC, he's in "Hora" group. Also Hall mate in Year 1 Business, 2007, but he's moving out for 2nd Sem. Alvin (Centre) is from Ang Mo Kio sec as well. Classmates for sec 1 and 2, good friends of the "fellowship" of 10 till now, roomie in Hall.



Another note: Jiahe is on the left if you can't recognize...


Then at 7 pm, the plan is to go "Wala Wala", a pub to drink and chill. It's just beside Settler's cafe, also in Holland V.

Oh Yeah... We were so "high" that we can't stand properly. 1 for 1 was the greatest timing everrr..



Tried to blend in the crowd by havin' a beer in hand.
But.... it seems like the colour of the face can't hide the truth :P


At least I still 自我陶醉 (zi wo tao zui = Self-indulgence, literally means I self drunk by myself in my own world. A high level skill)

And the boys said bye bye at 12.30am.



还是小孩.....还是小孩.....还是小孩.....还是小孩.....还是小孩.....


Episode 4 - Thursday 6/12/07 - 5th day, "Back to the Adult World - Let's talk Business"

The reason why I am still staying in Hall despite the heart to travel Back to the Real World...
CAC Nanyang Arts Festival Meeting. 3-7pm.

Angela, our Vice President of this special project, got a !"surprize"! early birthday celebration, all thanks to our President, Yong Xi. However, she doesn't really look !surprized!... She got called back after she went off from the meeting half way to attend to some other things outside. Anyway, it's still a pleasant surprize for her.
Not bad, Yong Xi still made the mental effort to give some welfare treats to his people. Hmm... but Mie Lin has to sacrifice physical effort to buy the small cake. Easier said than done:P

/*Yong Xi and Mie Lin are from my CAC camp group in NTU, Romai. These people rocks.*/


Our group Photo.



"Act cute" poses are always in style. Who says only girls can do a "twist" and smile brightly?
See, Yong Xi (centre right side) is doing it the MaN way man!
By the way, Yong Xi is a Armour Officer. Imagine him doing that in uniform :P
And I am a Artillery Specialist. Erm... no need to imagine. It's just for your info and for my info in 50 years time.

Finally.... I have finished writing down the things that I am went through. It actually takes me... on and off... about 3 days to complete this post. The time now is 3.44am.

*All pictures after Wed, 5/12/07 are taken using my new toy, FZ18. Got my hands on it on Tues, 4/12/07, 8.20 pm.
Am Excited on my journey to encrave memories of all wonderful things that happen, be it for me or for my friends... keep moving and changing... life's just not a constant.

I hereby end this week's post.

Finale Episode - Friday 7/12/07 - 6th day, "Back to the Future - Back."
~4.15am

No comments: