Saturday, December 29, 2007

NAF Bonding session.

(NAF - Nanyang Arts Festival, committee for special project in CAC)

This is the 2nd bonding session so far. Today, we are supposed to meet at 1 pm at Leisure Mall for ice skating, yeah, most were late. Not many turned up as well. Before we start, some of us were hungry, so had lunch at Pasta Mania. Realised Angela is a chilli queen. Tested her pasta, I think the name of the pasta that she ordered should be called "super chilli lover"? Haha. And she actually requested to make it hotter. Serena brought her brother along and some of the CAC Exco also came to join in the skating session as well. Anyway, they were going to have a Belated Christmas celebration for the CAC Exco at Janice's place afterwards. She is the CAC's publicity director.

A NAF "ice skaters" group photo.



Serena and bro Shawn (left), Angela, Jiahe, Yong Xi, Rene, Tao Jun (right)
For all pictures with me inside, it's taken by Alvin :) Thanks!


The supporters were outside the ring sitting, and they have to pay $3 for going in as well. For the skaters, we got a student discount from showing our student pass, $16.50 in total for 2 hrs, including skates. 2 hours of skating is really long! So I suggest you can "swap" with the supporters after a while :) Wanted to let Alvin, a good friend I knew since FOC, to try it, since it's his first time as well. At first he wanted, but then he decided to not look like Alvin and the Chipmunks on ICE. (then we will have a good laugh. heehee.)

Lifang (left), Angela (right) only played for a while but decided to become supporter. The 2 male supportors on the left were Alvin (left) and Zong Yi (right). Serena(left) was having a break, without a kit kat. Lifang the super supporter bought us all a super tasty milo as well. The milo really taste good! Haha. Oh, and she's the vice for events coordinator in CAC. Knew her since CAC FOC, she's our SA (Senior attached). Always seen LOL! As in literally. A super happy person :)





Zhen Yuan - The supportor who risk his life in the cold to give his utmost support.




Ah! This is the first time I ice skate. Only tried roller blading for a few times when my army friends from artillery course decided that we should learn roller blading after being "inspired" by Fiona Xie's blading skill on tv like 2 years ago, Nov 05. -_-"

Knew how to move with "break dances" along the way, but still haven't manage to learn the brakes. Hey Kelvin, you told me it's easier than roller blading right? At first when I step on the ice, I was having "cold feet". Moved like a penguin on land. LOL!





After moving a while, I think I can fly.. even the camera can't have a lock on me!



No la, just kidding, it's just a blur picture :P After that one is "break dance" from me. 四脚朝天 like a turtle loh. (four legs face the sky). Haha!

The CAC exco who came with us.



Simon(left), Logistic Director (always bugged by Zhen Yuan, our Chief Logistic. Haha!)
?(centre) haha, haven't got his name :P (first time seeing him within 1 metre range)
Janice(right), Publicity Director, saw her 3 times in NTU, 1st time at the CAC member's Nite at Hall 15, 2nd time at Zhang Zhen Yue Concert, 3rd time today)

And our NAF Director, YOng Xi, was so dedicated as well.

A meeting right after a bonding session is best to test how effective is the bond!!



Heehee, it's isn't as bad as it seems la. Actually he just took "5 min" for his mini briefing. The "5 min" was a bit long though. Hmm... :P

Ok, just receive a sms from Marvin asking if I am free for a blk 51 ice skating session next Wed...!!!! And that's not all.. Wushu outing is going to be same place, "Turtle on ICE" as well... Guess I am going to spend my 12 days of Christmas with real temperatures from Santa's homeland :)


Turtle going RanDom

On the 5th Day of Christmas my turtle gave to me, 5 spec feet point to "ORD"!
(spec = specialist, I specialise in Big artillery guns)



Picture was taking during a spec outing on 15/12/07, on our way back in Clarke Quay MRT, dunno how come this is on the floor. So we just took it. Whose legs involve: Seng Kiat, Kenneth Kow, Kelvin, Calvin and Mine (my name is not "mine" by the way)

(ORD = Operational Ready Date, 2 years in army finish loh!)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, results are out. As I have wished for, I did pass, with lame grades. GPA is 2.9.... People all around me got way better grades than me. Haven't heard of anyone with GPA less than 3.5 yet.. and most actually got 4.2 and above. And I knew of a "Made in 中国" de brain, GPA was 4.97.... ???? All A, except 1 A-... and I have no A- at all...

Ok, shall plan my time more properly next sem. Have seen a wide range of brain, from pea brain (that's mine) to big brain. Have seen friends who doesn't really need to study, some brains who absorbs knowledge like sponge, and mine like spongebob... Already knew long time ago that my brain is only good for remembering logical things, brute force memory can't work on a damaged brain. And engineering course is mostly illogical. It's not as simple as F=ma anymore.

Anyway, I have already worked hard this sem 1... but have been running around and attending to too many things.
Realised that there's a limit to hard work, we only have 24hrs a day. Can't be running around attending to too many things at the same time... even turtles with 4 legs can't run fast enough to cope.

Will plan my hard work properly next sem.. think the numbers of high fever since young have permenantly burnt my brain, "memory part" is out of warranty already... have to work hard in converting school work into "logical" and hardwire it into my pea brain.

People around me always thought I am a mugger. I am not a mugger by choice...
I have no choice but to be a mugger, because I am the only one who really understand the amount of knowledge that really goes into the brain.. -_-"
Cui.

Oh great.... what a nice start for someone who aims for a 1st class to get a 2.9 GPA.
Think on the bright side Jiahe :) There's always the next sem to adjust and IMPROVE in your uni life!!
Let me do some caculation......
If I can just get a GPA of 6.1 next sem., I can still make it!!

..............

...6.1?

Up the lorry liao loh -_-"

Max is 5.0 by the way...

No comments: