Different types of athlete have different characters. I have always admire marathoners. But I don't have time to try "being" them at least 1 time lol. It requires too long trainings..
Anyway, shall start writing the main points, trying to keep it short (as usual :P)
Today, I went for a race.
With a different start.
Tried to go early, but the queue was so long that I became the 2nd flag off group at 7.30 am (1st flagoff 7.15 am)
- I moved all the way to the front.
- I started off almost with the first few runners.
This is what I learn.
1. If we want to compete, do it with the best - Only then, we will know how "fast" our “cars” (脚) really is.
- It's less often to see people "moving" backwards, and all I see, is people moving passed me. Seeing how "slow" I am in a new perspective.
2. Of course, with only a 15 mins gap, the 2nd group faster runners will catch up with the 1st flag off group soon.
- This is where I start to feel "powerful" again when I start to move passed the "slower" runners, or those who decided to walk, for whatever reasons. Reiterating an idea from my previous post written during the 10km run not long before...
If you just make a little effort to move faster, you will be faster, compared to those who have decided to give up (by walking)
I saw that most of the runners have a running buddy.
Me too..
I have a running stomach..
he ran with me till the 6 km mark, before I had to come to a complete stop cos he just can't continue anymore.. but I learnt something.
Even with a slower buddy, it trains the mind even greater, when you try to use your strength to cover their weaknesses.
Went into a MRT station to let it "rest", have a "bowl" :P
After that 4 min 30 secs rest, I felt all drained out, and the rest of the 4 km was pure perseverance, with my "recharged" buddy...
At the end of the day, I felt all tired.. went for a recycling event to take some photos as promised, and went back home for a 3.5 hr nap.. after that my body is still too "damaged" to move properly.
this time, the 10 km took 55 min.
The last was about 54 min.
Even with the same distance, same number of people running with me (if there is)..

I still have learnt something.
加油。。you can get people to join you ah... :)
I have to get people as strong (or stronger than) as me...
No comments:
Post a Comment