I always believe that, the activities that a person enjoys doing, or tries doing, is able to tell lots about their character.
I took up this 10 km run.
Not because I like running.
and not because of glory; 10 km is like only a quarter marathon.. say out others will laugh. And also 10 km feels LOnnnNG already.. I am not a long distance runner to begin with, I just believe in keeping my body fit and healthy, because I need to use it to do many other stuff that I need to do.
Life is like a marathon, so I always tries a bit of these sports now and then, to learn about life.
Here's the lessons learnt this time.
1. Life is like a marathon (yes I've said it before.. but now with explanation)
- It's a long life we have.. and it's about perseverance, and continue moving, ahead. You pick the speed, and how long you want to maintain it.
- If you walk, people overtakes. You may walk faster then some, but those who made even the slightest effort to jog, you should go fly kite.
- If you jog, you may or may not keep up. There's many people making an effort to move on in this race of life. Your speed may not be fast, but just by making this effort, it will beat those who have decided to waste their time off, walking.
- But if you run, and endure, you will keep overtaking others. The longer you endure, the further you go. The ability to self motivate and keep up with the pace despite having low levels of energy (weariness). Most normal people can't seems to tap on this energy below a certain level. But gaining self awareness of your body's capabilities, and making sure you don't go over the limit, is what you have to discover along the way too. Pushing to the limits, is one thing, going over, is another. In actual fact, there's no such thing as "going over your own limits". It's just nice words to the ears.. It's more about motivating yourself, to go nearer, towards your limit. The more you understand yourself, the more you know what human beings can do, and the more you understand others.
At one point in time, I almost believe that the "finishing line" is just in front, when I saw the bridge, which is supposedly the "Starting point" which is what they said, the End point.
Since it's the last stretch. Most people will want to throw in everything they have got, get over and done with it, and rest well afterwards.
Yup, gave it out, but not to the "real" max limit, since I know I have a 2 hour shoot in the afternoon later on.
But this is where the learning point comes.
I reach the "Finishing" point, to realised that I have not finished. There's many bridges in Singapore actually.
And what's next.. I have got no more energy to continue.
At that point, I can only allow myself to walk.. maybe for a while.
休息是为了要走更长的路。
(rest is just a simple fact, that's to walk a longer distance)
In life, I have always gotten irritate with myself for always not being able to get things done on time, even when I tried my best. Everytime when the "finishing line" gets near, and when I finally "reached" it, only to realised that it's just the beginning, or worst, it's just an illusion (I should have more experience to see it coming).
So what can I do?
Go sleep, don't think too much. Do what you can do, and do what you should do, at any point of time.
~You have done your best and there's nothing I can really regret about, isn't it.. haha.
Another long post, after so long, to pull me back up on track.
A seemingly simple 10 km run, to understand the sophisticated life's difficulties.
Quoting from venerable Bodhi, a nun who came to NTUBS to give a talk:
Dharma (Natural Law - as in the natural order of things)) is everywhere.
haha, since when I write something religious lol.
Actually...
I learn from... everything.
No one said that being a Buddhist, means you a are a good person isn't it.
And who says a Christian is someone who don't drinks alcohol too?
Nothing's absolute.
~emptiness.
Keep jotting down what one have learn.
haha :P
No comments:
Post a Comment