I've realised since long time ago, that sleeping is the key to be able to control everything: the mood, the concentration level, the memory, and everything else that need to make life correct (or in good control)

It's all a cycle.
If any one of the points is affected, it affects all the rest after it (and also back to it).
so if it's a good cycle, it's a good one. (when all happens to be all well and within control)
If' it's a vicious cycle.... sadly, it will just get worst...
So here I am, coming in here to write down something that's derived from a nap that I took, 45 mins ago. The result that shows that a sleep/rest is a good one: The period appears "short", 30 min appears as if it's just 5 mins. (and if it's a 8 hours, it may appeared like 30 mins just passed).
Another way to show how a "deep sleep" feels like: a General Anesthetic (whole body, for my case, removal of 4 wisdom tooth at 1 time) will feel like, you just closed your eyes, and when you opened, everything's done.
The Art of Relaxation, from the most stressed up mind possible in Lim Jiahe....
Old defination
(learnt from reading, listening to others, anyone, and compiled):
Defocus and concentration on nothing, just on a simple idea of relaxing, or sleeping. When your mind started to drift to think of things, pull it back, to think of something simple; eg: sheeps. or a white dot. (of course there's more, shall just keep this short)
But the negative results (so far): The mind sometimes spend too much energy trying to concentrate on "not drifting" that it usually ended up stressed, and when the mind cannot take it anymore, the flood gate of thoughts opens again... and here comes all the stored up "mess" from blocking it, just to be "temporary" away from this dam of thoughts and placing ourselves in a unknowingly, "forced out" state called "relax".
The new Defination:
(which just worked, and worth testing in future!)
The mental state of being able to accept, anything. Seriously anything, that happens.
I call it mental acceptance.
Firstly, we can forget all about all the things that we have learnt from yoga, art of deep breathing, concentration on just a simple sheep counting method, etc.
We just have to accept.
If the television in the living room is loud.... yeah... it's loud....
If there's work left to do... ya... I agree...
If the wind is blowing you... ok... it's the wind...
If the family below is quarrelling... ya it's normal...
If my heart is beating too loudly.... hmm... ok....
Hmm... if I am breathing.... I am breathing...
If this doesn't seems to make sense to you (if you are reading)
Compare it to the following:
If the television in the living room is loud.... why can't they be more considerate..?
If there's work left to do... nevermind, I sleep first, later when I wake up I will do it.. so meanwhile just sleep... (a "not so useful" method to bluff the mind that it's okay to just sleep first)
If the wind is blowing you... it's too cold, should I prepare the blanket just next to me? (thinking too much again)
If the family below is quarrelling... wah every night also like that...
If my heart is beating too loudly.... it's shaking me too hard. (getting a bit irritating?)
Hmm... if I am breathing.... why this DEEP breathing method is not making me sleep now after 1 hour :(
Of course not all of these are actual scenarios happening to me, just to illustrate some points. Depending on the amount of sleep I manage to catch the night before, and the amount of stress, my thoughts can go out of control, as my brains "automatically" links everything up and turns my thoughts into a nightmare, a jail which locks me within my brain, and "tortures" me till I wake up, feeling all tired... the beginning of the "vicious cycle".
Yup, it's that's scary to be me at night. But if "anyone" is reading this, don't worry about me okay (if you are). I'm still alive so it's still not enough to "kill" me yet! (super tough ha ha ha!)
But I hope with this new method, I will be the most relax being on Earth every night... Wait till I made a improvement on this technique, I will be able to SAVE the world and the universe, and finally everyone can have a good game of chess with Mr Zhou :)
Life's crawling faster and faster.....
So be it....
=)
No comments:
Post a Comment