Wednesday, July 1, 2009

City Link Mall - A Walk with my "Wife"



Today, I went out alone to Suntec City, to meet a Photo Studio, which is part of my FOC work....

But to make my day better, I brought out my D90 with me!!
So after doing what is needed, I took some time to stabilise my "marriage" hahaha~!
Got out my most difficult to use fully manual lens.... Aperture, Shutter speed, and even focusing, it's (aw)fully manual. And guess what's that cool name that I have indigestion from before I even start reading about it....

The magical name is: Nikon 28mm f/2.8 AI-s




Cool looking old design right...!

But I bought it from clubsnap.com anyway cos I didn't expect it to be that hard compare to a $100 more and fully AUTO (yes all the aperture shutter and focusing is worth that). But really no $ liao lah... even this 1981 2nd hand lens costed me $200....

But I got it anyway as it has been claimed as "Nikon's sharpest wide angle lens"...... hai shall just train myself to do it -_-

First time doing the 30 years old "professional" thing of turning the lens, take a picture, and doing it again.....
and it's really not easy AT ALL.

wow really must have skill to be a photographer 30 years back....
Seriously respect.

And we should be glad that we are not in the "film age". Imaging taking only 36 pictures a roll and realised that all your picture are either too BLACK and White (overexposed), only after a few days of excited awaiting....

That's why I always recommend my friend to get a "lousy" camera first before getting a DSLR. Then you will learn to appreciated the things that come with it.

Anyway, I treat each shot ultra seriously this time even more....
As each "click" is draining my DSLR's life away....
Okay la not that dramatic -_-

But I only have 100,000 shots for this $2,494 combo...... before the shutter dies.
Unlike prosumer or consumer (small compact ones) cameras, there's a "life count" to how many pictures it can take. And that can be explained from the cO0L "chic Chak! ChiC cHaK~!" sound it makes.
and yes.... $2.4k.....
I have invested my remaining "coffin money" into this, so I must make sure that I can get lobangs to "earn it back" + extra to pay my hostel and food for Jiahe next semester....

船到桥头自然直 bah....
Okay shall just post some pictures here for me to see next time I read back.
(not putting too much later this place become a "museum" then it's not good already -_-)


i






And I must say also that....
I dunno how I came to these places, I only had eyes on my "wife" and it's my first time walking these paths so only knew which "direction" I am going but I know nuts about the name of the places haha :P



It's ultra CLEAR sia....
(original size on my computer is even bigger and clearer!!)




Oh and one more thing, these pictures have been touched up before.....
To make Singapore more nice la haha!!




For more pictures, you can see them here :)

And recently, funny things happen.
Think it's the matchmaking season or what....
I receive 2 random nudging from my friends to intro me to some other this week.
I guess they were unexpecting my reaction and response bah.
Today, I happen to saw a few friends while I walk too.

I used to think that "photographers" are in their own world, as I always see them taking their ultra big cameras around (and alone somemore), and in a way, they give the feeling like they are "alone" in this world and their only friend is their camera.....

But I would have never guess that.....
I look exactly the same today -_-"
(okay this is my first time, I don't think I will do this kind of thing again "delibrately")

And I realised I haven't even have a proper "wedding photo" with my wife~
.........

Ok found one :P
A picture from my friend's 21st bday, from another ultra friendly and nice Pentax photographer friend :P



I still have my "2nd wife" loaded on my right pocket.
On that day, it has only been used to take the "song singing".....

And I realised that my "1st" was really heavy.
Doing my "favouite move" will take loads of mana from my hand......

But it's fun la haha, will continue doing it :P

Okay, shall spend my time with my D90 wisely so most probably you won't see me often with my D90 and "trigger happy" around :)

Now I understand these few lines too.

1. "Marriage" is an "investment".

2. 每个成功的男人 (that's me),后面都会有个女人(my D90)

Didn't know it can be used this way too hahah :P
And I hope the 2nd one will be true :)

No comments: