Yes I am an engineer, and I try to find logic in things.
so I realised that we can put an equation to motivating people too? Yes because it happened to me and I realised it myself, so after thinking through, I learnt something... not all forms of motivation is effective. Strength of motivation is also not the determining factor, and there's actually 1 more... the relationship strength of the motivator.
Keep it simply.
Motivational strength x Relationship strength = How much spirit can be raised.
and let's put a bottomline to the equation.. it's not possible to go negative strength ya.... At worst case, can only equate a Zero to it. To make this equation easier to understand, apply the equation on different ppl. Think how much effect will it have, coming from a normal friend, compared to one that's coming from a loved ones. Yep, now it should make more sense now.
Anyway, I thought to myself, why did I only realised this now... then I got some answer for myself..
Most likely, I am too self motivated to work alone for too much things, so I didn't have any chance for people to be close enough to me to motivate, or mostly, I don't need external motivation to work at my best effort these 6-8 years. Only till recently, when my friends start to encourage me online or offline, I realised the effects are negligible because I have already tried my best, no other "doable" action can be done already, it's not a case of how low I am feeling and it will help (significantly) if I felt better... I can see how my situation is going.
Am so hard to get close to... I think I suck. Reason why I don’t have any close friends which I confide anything to.. cos Jiahe doesn't see a positive impact for saying out frustrations or sharing about life's up and down, cos it's a waste of time since others can't do much about it. And the amount of values that I hold too strongly, it's going to make me monk soon... good job Lim Jiahe... Good job with your decisions in life... but still, I wish you good luck too.
Jiayou Lim Jiahe
p.s.: Just saying, cos only till now then I realised that you, Lim Jiahe, really are the one in my life who gives me the most motivation to move on these few years. Thanks for being you :)
No comments:
Post a Comment