JJ: "look forward to the next 乐 ya?"
he had used the right words to cheer me up.... :)
and here it is :)
The first birthday gift came on Valentines' Day....
not from my Valentine, but from my secondary school buddies.
Alvin, Ryan and Guo Wei.

Ryan, Alvin, Zhi Quan (special guest from sec sch as well) and Guo Wei.
And because Guo Wei and I are the only ones without a English name.... they called him Chilli Goh.... just because he can take a lot of chilli.
And for me.... I was using this Pencil box back then.......
And here comes mine -_-"
(yes, I still have it so I just took a picture of it....)
So now, there's a Chilli, Ryan, Alvin and Paul.
In short........ we are CRAP -_-"
Didn't expect them to give me "the present" at that time.
It was small.
And as always, like all previous year's present from them.... I know the exact cost of the present. (like the Tee Shirt that they passed me).
But this year's was twice as much.......
They decided to fund "my dreams".....
inside contained 3 blue notes.
And I can still remember what Ryan said.
"We can't think of what to buy, but this is for you.... to buy your DSLR."
I am not a person who get excited over receiving money, maybe that explains the confidence I have when I go for "treasurer" interviews and got question about my "resistance toward it".
But this time..... I almost cried. Although I am not really "in grave need" of cash for survival for the next half a year, I also can't freely empty my piggy bank on a DSLR "investment" just for a risky chance to earn higher, if I can get any photo assignments.
But this time they just hope that I will be fine and well, and wants to make me happier.
At least ease my worries a bit more....
Now the value of it can't really be measured.
I was really touched...... :)
And moving on, when the date gets nearer to my birthday on the 20th Feb......
For my 23rd birthday, it's definately one of the most "powderful" ones....
This is the 2nd yr in NTU. First year was rather peaceful, because I planned to hide.
Although I still got it from the other side of friends from NAF :P
But it's not like I am so easily caught or what.... if I am not caught, it's won't be fun anyway.. so ha. Might as well "prepare" to be caught :)
The first celebration.
19th Feb 09.
1 day before my birthday.
Wei Chern made the effort to ask me out for lunch, and reminded me again and again by sms :)
And when I reach there, I realised he called all our friends since JC times, and still in NTU here.
Carine and Zhi Hao looks like the ones left... and they are coming.

Wei Chern, me and Carine.
From the same CCA in SRJC..... 5 years ago...... that's long!
In the end, Zhi Hao had some sudden hall dance thing, therefore didn't manage to see him. But it's okay :)
I see him every other day as well. haha!
In the afternoon, funny stuff started to happen (as expected of FOC "wired" friends)
Got "jio-ed" for a "night jog" from Max the chair and sudden birthday wishings from my FOC committee members came flooding in, when it's not even my birthday yet..... haha!
Something's sure happening tonight.
Then at night, as I have "sensed" it, I shall not run.
Or it will be no fun.
haha :P
Because I have not been sleeping properly the past few days, plus last night's 4 hr sleep only because of the next day's Kinematics quiz......
I went for a 1 hour long nap at 8pm, so that I can last longer till past midnight.......
for the "surprise".
:)
But I was surpriSeD by someone else's SurPrise.....
A group of people whom I don't know POP out with cakes and..... RED EGGS!
??????
Haha! They are actually my roomie Chiz's OG mates, from Malaysia.
And they came to celebrate Chiz's belated 21st birthday which is on the 18th Feb.....
only to realised that in 20 more mins, it's going to be Chiz's roomie's (that's me) birthday.... haha!
And they came in and flooded the room. haha :)
And they made the effort to go make RED EGGS for him!!!

And as his ROOMIE and photographer and as the Birthday boy for the next hour to come.....
I was given one as well :)
Roomie Love sia.
(ok and he's attached already. Cute and handsome right!)
Then to end off, I asked them to take a group photo, as I feel "aura" coming my way, and I may have to go soon.... haha!

My roomie seriously have a big OG group of friends sia!
Then we went back to our room.
Then the knock came.
Surprised MAx appeared at the door. With a group of unknown people "waiting" for him.
LOL!
(and he's thinking why a stranger is taking a photo of him!?)
Anyway, it's not long till they realised prawn is hidding somewhere in the room.
Okay..... actually......... I "unhide-ed" myself -_-"
haha, or they will just get stunned even longer and start to become emo at this late hour..... thinking that their "Operation Cereal Prawn" failed.
Ha, since the "prawn" is staying at a really "high" mountain.... they decided to "walk the prawn" down 6 storeys first, before carrying down the last 2 storeys......
I guess they are really hungry..... so they decided to "cook the prawn" fast.
A "Max ultimate TakeDown" move came flying towards me.
And down comes the ingredienTS!!!
Flour and cereal with expired beer definately make the dish "Drunken Cereal Prawn" looks and sounds all TASTY......
haha :P
(laughing at yourself... siao!)
And a "Top Chef" meal of this level will of course result in more than just 1 casualty.
And presenting the warrior who sacrificed, and given a respectable place to take a close photo with the "famous HOT dish of the morning"
Cereal Prawn with Maximum taste.
And ending off with a Menu front page.

Totally Delicious :P
And after that, they still bring the prawn out to eat and force it to eat many "prawny" dishes.
The famous Ha Kao.
(which I will be eating again the next morning. hahaHA.... Kao... -_-")
And not forgetting the present as well.
Seafood flavoured biscuits -_-"
Great stuff from great friends who enjoy GreaT food indeed!
On the new morning of 20th Feb,
Qin Xian asked Samuel and they treated me to another round of food.
both of them whom I met from Psychology elective.
Now I am back to the Executive Cafe..... but this time Buffet style @_@"
Samuel, me and Qin Xian.
Both of the are Majoring in Psychology.
haha, the food was really not bad! HAd fun eating all the "Ha kaOs" again.
I always can't eat much for breakfast.
The "stomach like a black hole" side of me only surfaces as the day goes later.
And you should see my dinner portions :P
After I went for my last round, it just happened that the amount of food I take happened to be enough to make this.
So it's made :)
Okay.....
That's the 3rd and last one of my celebrations.
Wow, 3 in a row :)
Plus the 50 plus birthday wishing from Facebook along had me trained in replying "thank you" faster than I type my own name on keyboard now.
Felt like all the attention in the world is poured on me on this day. haha.... the feeling is quite interesting.
HAha, so much things happened. And now it all feel back normal already.
But I am still glad that it all happened :)
Some asked.... so what's my birthday wish?
I said.....
"I wished I was 1 year younger...... :P
Time really flies.....
Let it flies happily then :)
so be it.
No comments:
Post a Comment