I think I may have realised something interesting with my 4 years struggling with school work, and learning life on Pulau NTU...
caving on Mountain "hall 10" for the passed 3 years... facing so many things alone and no choice, but to try reflecting upon to realise a solution...
and last year, getting down from 修行 and staying in Hall 16 now and lucky to meet someone who brought me, this time, really into NTU Buddhist Society to learn about the mind...
I watch 新少林寺, and learnt that 打磨 cave for 8 years..
So if I cave for 3, I would have 3/8 of his wisdom hohoho~
ok that's lame.
Anyway, just want to write some words down to archive some thought.
As the subject says..
I think, the key to unlocking the brains maximum learning power really lies in the ability to Concentrate... it's not that easy as just trying to force the brain into this state, now that I am a super senior now, I can say that.
For example:
The
The case of inception (2010) - It's really due to the lack of mental concentration and awareness, that's why I ended up in somewhere that the brain incept me into..
The "Smell meditation" (1 Dec 2009) - which I tried use but failed eventually, due to the lack of understanding of how to focus the brain on just the smell, and know what to do with those "random arising thoughts".
The "Sound meditation" (29 Sep 2008) - Yup, failed eventually, only appears to be successful at the start. Anyway, it's such a long post, and this thing is only mentioned at the very end.
The coffee as a drug case 1 and case 2 (24 Nov 09) - Being able to raise the concentration high enough to have a awareness of everything, including ability to learn, ability to understand and feel internal emotions, comes together. So if I am not able to Concentrate, I cannot be Aware, and then, it will lead to inefficient learning, when I tries to force the brain, but being unaware of being in unaware state, I am not really understanding and learning already in this state... and I can't do anything about it.
And now, with a better understanding of Meditation, I may be able to raise both, and in fact, this Meditation thingy is a training to control the brain's thoughts, and effectively, the "control" is the "concentration".
I wouldn't have been able to imagine how a Meditation lesson is able to take 2 hours to teach, until I went for 1 session. There's really so much things to learn, and there's really different levels of meditation.. wow. Now I can sort of understand why monks eventually go into 闭关修行.. then again, understanding this fact will not end me up a monk still lah haha :)
Ok, that's all for now.
So much for a last sem realization~
No comments:
Post a Comment