As always, when I am busy, I always say that I will keep the post short, but as always again... it ended up super lonnNG...
shall try again haha.
This sem, is full of projects.
5 modules, and 4 of them are either project based or presentation based.
Still have FYP.
But...
I'm more into learning some things from NTU's Buddhist Society.
Not that I am being "converted" or what not, but they are in fact, teaching a mindset, not a religion.
Things include
- way of living life...
- mindsets that can (or may) lead to happiness
- meditation techniques
etc etc...
And to think that through my years in NTU "reflecting" on Mount. NTU (aka Pulau NTU) as a caveman, some things that I came to realised myself is indeed... cooL!! :P
Ok before I start writing more.. shall just focus back to summarizing...
today, I went for mediation session with my BS friends with Venerable Bodhi. This person is a she.
She taught us that mediation is actually about awareness.
Being aware of the things around us.
and most importantly....
accepting the way they are.
with no further feelings, emotions, thoughts.
It's exactly how I've described in a post last sem before I even got to hear about meditation techniques...
It's about acceptance.
A good meditation will be able to raise one's awareness of the things happening around them, and helps a person in their concentration if needed.
It involves 2 things.
1. Clarity - Accepting things as they come, being aware of the arising thought is the key, so we can stop the thought before it starts to drift.
2. Equanimity - Treating everything as the same. No positive or negative feelings towards any thing or situation. So when we are face with something that we dislike, we don't get angry over it.
My greating problem is the former... Clarity...
Having too much thoughts, so much that it overwhelm me before I realised that I should be doing certain things, or in this case, meditation on simple things such as controlling thoughts, say, on a object.
And there's a few types of mediation that's possible.
1. Single object meditation - controlling thought only on a object, being aware of what's happening around such as sound of fan, noise, and accepting it for what it is, without getting annoyed etc.. the single object will help beginners to have a easier focus.
Object can be anything.
On real objects, on feelings such as anger!? wow, and even there's also this thing called "sleeping/sleepy meditation".
Being aware that you are sleepy, but when you are aware that you are falling asleep, you wake yourself back up, and continue meditating.
She also said that if one is able to master the "sleeping" meditation, one can fall asleep, and yet, being aware that one is still asleep, continues meditation. So the feeling when one wakes back up, will be like it's been just seconds ago, yet, 8 hours have past.
Guess what Lim Jiahe... the "you" 5 months ago realised this thing~
_________________________________________________
2. Sound meditation - Focus on, say, a crystal's *ting* sound. But in fact, any sound (including noise) can be used!
_________________________________________________
3. Highest level - Objectless meditation - I guess it's similar to saying meditation on emptiness.
Ok great job.
Long post again.
But I guess having the constant awareness that I should keep my post as short as possible, does have a positive effect.. am always writing super long thoughts to keep for archiving...
Can't imaging if I didn't have that aim in the first place. Have got so much more to write.

Anyway, I feel lucky to have the opportunity to taste pepper mee with egg plus sausage for supper. Last sem before leaving hall life already, but it's sure more fun to cook with a friend :)
Last time it's always me cooking simple things like boiling spaghetti and putting in the bottle sauce for my roomie, or campbell soup with bread.
But now, I have a roomie whom I've declared "all the food on the shelves are belong to US" rule lol! Now he is finally getting some of my food too :P
ya yA Ya....
talktalktalk...
Good night world :)
No comments:
Post a Comment