Monday, June 8, 2009

Update on the past "Busi-ness"

Seniors' Camp was fun. But I guess maybe I am too "old" to be walking around NTU as if it's like "I have never walk this path" before.

First day, I literally walked NTU for 8 hours. North Spine, South Spine, Yunnan Garden, back to north Spine, back to Chinese Heritage Centre.... Lucky I still have camera to entertain me. But it's a bit sian nowadays already since I am so looking forward to having a DSLR but yet I am in a economic crisis, no time to even try to participate in some "camera winning" competition at all, since I have a cool amount of workload which will not end till I ORD....

Anyway, just some pictures and names in case I forget their names after "some" time.



I guess it's okay.. those names that I know, I will know. Just don't know the "butcher"'s name.
(updated on 16 June 09: That butcher's name is called He JiaLing! Lin Jia He, He Jia Lin, Lin Jia He, He Jia Lin hahaha!!)


Anyway, it's 2nd day soon.
Most of them slept at Hall 7. I went back to join them after I have charged my camera and "myself" in my hall 5 :)

This is one cool shot in the morning :)




And it's the day for Amazing Race.
When around to eat, games were cool and all. Must say that it's a lot of effort put into the planning.



the 大东大包
Jian Yuan, Yulian, Kaini.
(just to name those that I dunno haha :P)

Although the whole game has some flaws (it's unavoidable so it's okay), it's still remarkable for the programmers to come up with complete new and innovative stuffs. I got amazed by quite a few of their ideas :)

Lots of comments unsaid, cos "we" are too busy with our stuff to talk.

To end of the 2nd day, shall just show a cute scene that I saw while my group was playing the game.

A kiddie ride outside a provision shop.




The Pit stop.



Upcoming "cardboard" driver.
It looks like he's waiting for me to let him sign a autograph haha :)

Then at night, it's was to test out the "fright night", which has been changed to a "confidence walk" at the Choa Chu Kang Cemetery.



Anyway, my group have 2 guys extra and I got lucky to get a romantic walk with a guy. We rubbish-ed with each other all the way and glad that I don't have to "shield" any "ghost" :P
I have heard that sometimes, your walking partner beside you may even be more "scary" than those programmers who wants to scared the both of you -_-"


Anyway, had fun being part of the "programme" as I later snatch the job of playing the "scary song", to be played through the hp to the participants.... anyway, can't hear properly also so most of them give funny reactions. Had a good laugh :P

And have much more pictures appearing in my camera nowadays.
Showing a picture with me and my biz mag.



Now that's what happens when I am not the one handling my camera....
The picture looks like it's taken during "fright night" LOL!!

Ok, time flies. Now shall just talk about my 1 month plus EID project which ends on Friday.

A booth for the judges to come and grade us.



We had many categories, but the one we was place under falls into the "Heath, Lifestyle and Assistive Technologies"...... and it's the biggest number of teams falling into this section.
17 of them.



And that's why NTU decided to add in 1 more "prize".
Heard that one of the judges actually gave us a big "zero" during the grading. I thought that it's a lame grade totally....

How can anyone grade a"ZERO"?

During the presentation, I've seen how the judges' eyes opened when they heard that our cost is like around $300? and Selling at $500.....

See la... I told them not to "complicate" it and up the cost.
I wonder how it will turn out if it's actually "my way" of doing it.
My motto: "So cheap and simple even a caveman knows how to use it".
(ok it's never said this way and it's my own internal objective ha)

But then I am too exhausted to try to convince those highly enthusiastic engineers to make it simpler, so it's quite a pity that I couldn't at least try it.
Then again, I am not saying that my way will work out. Just wondering how it will turn out if it's "my way".

It should at least be able to save more "cavemen" at least with the "cheap technology....
But then we still won a cool prize.

a "Consolation Prize".
Literally.

And the prize to CONSOLE us?



12 cheap pens.

AFter that, we decided to go Jurong Point to have a "celebration" that all these have ended.



haha. Ya so it ended.

Then in the evening, I went for a talk with my FOC people. Then we decided to visit the ice cream shop at Holland Village after we came out from One North (the NTU alumni Club) beside MRT at Buona Vista.



Eating in small groups is common in my committee nowadays.
And Gossips is common as well when you have many small groups.
Okay nothing much, I just realised that I have updated the committee news from v0.5 to version 1.0.

And here I thought I was updated on what is happening with my friends. Only to realised that I have been "zombie-ing" around and not knowing most of the things. HAi, shall not take up too much "work" next time maybe I shall have more fun observing people :)

Then weekends, I helped out at a photo studio.
Learn quite a lot of "studio" stuff but not applicable since I can't use it.

Ok, so tired already. I would say this is a "good" update (ha, so short that only Jiahe understands again...)

Ya, just see see look look the pictures and entertain yourselves bah :P

And one thing that I would like to say from my times at the studio.

Smile - It's the best make up you can easily put on everyday.
No make up is as good as a simple smile :)

No comments: