At first, the thought of staying in hall for 3 days simply just turns me off.....
First, the only thing that is in plan is purely "work".
Anyway, I actually planned to come back hall on Sunday right after I go out with my parents, for the first time in this school semester.
But in the end, I decided to stay at home for the night after going out with my parents, as the fact that I am going to stay in room alone again turns me off.
So, we went Chinatown!
And this is the MRT station.

Actually nothing to get excited about as I was here to report for work for just 4 days from last week -_-"

The "FULL of 墨水" walls certainly makes the place "Smarter".
(墨水= ink, which means intelligence)
Anyway, we went to the "newest" market (Chinatown market upgraded) and tried to look for some old delicacies.
But everything looks nice so in the end, we just order some random food to share.
And this is the $16 fish dish.

It's super huge for 1/2 a fish head.
Then I still remember 6 months ago, I came here and my colleague ordered sambal chilli "something"
And the chilli is AmAzinGly tasty.... so I tried to order it for my parents to try, hoping I ordered the right one.

But the key word is "something".......
so it didn't turn out the way I want it -_-"
Anyway, it's still tasty lah.... but they charge us $8 for that!!! Zzz....
Next time I must remember that hawkers will "upsize" everything if we didn't mention and I am not going to let them upsize without my knowledge again.
The first dish is SO BIG already and they still help us make the 2nd dish BIGGER -_-"
Smart sia. And thinking of the poor South African kids, my mum finished the fish and I cleared the chicken.....
The place still looks interesting :)

And the "Made in China" lights really doesn't last long I guess.

haha :P
But it's still gives the 要烂不烂 feeling, but I think that's what makes this place unique bah :)
Oh yar, and talking about work.... I quitted shortly as I realised FOC have some bigger stuff waiting for me to do, and I don't have much time to do it if planned to work....
So between the 2, I had to make a choice.
1) Earn money and feed-a-Jiahe for now and next semester.
2) Do FOC stuff and maybe live life a bit easier.... afterall it will be a 6 day work week and maybe 7 sometimes....
Rusell Peters
Guess I am affected by the "Chinese" from "China" mentally afterall. haha 0_O"
Max the chairperson knew about it and asked if my financial status would be alright.... told him that I am afterall the "Biz Mag" of FOC, and I will be alright.
haha! Yar, I will find my ways.
Just some things in plan:
1. make a blog to advertise for some cheap photography.
2. Jiahe's cheap and good 9 min quick cut barber shop at blk 51. haha! (just thinking only, and it's faster than the market!! ha, no guarantee it will turn out right :P)
Next day morning!
Hall sweet Hall.....
All the rest (especially the freshies) are here because of Interhall Games. And that explains why most of the night I hear laughters from my windows before I go to sleep.
Day 1 was Monday, 15 Dec 08
I came back and stayed because of FOC meeting at 6pm.
Up.. up the stairs. And Charlie the Cat was there at level 5 to scare the "panting like mad" Jiahe off.

That's the name of this female cat, given by the freshies of my block.
haha, hope a Delta Dog comes join in the fun soon :P
Time flies even if I am enjoying it or not.
Shortly, it's 6pm.
We had our meeting at one of the school's Student Lounge, when I was there at 6 exactly, there's no one....... haha, am always the first one in most meetups although my timing was the "latest" possible. Anyway, it ended at around 9+.
Anyway, I have set a few task for myself to complete for this week.... hope I am "happy" enough to start having enough energy for me to complete all my tasks.
Day 2
Work work..... but didn't really had much mood to work so work super slowly. Close to nothing in the end I guess -_-"
Anyway, this is the first time I see my hall trees bloom flowers so shall just note it down.

Dunno why leaves and flowers always grow on the other side of my block first, and this tree is always halved.

And you know why I hate to be in the room alone?
The world looks like this from the inside.

Anyway, went down 1 level to join my 2 MAE friends to watch a movie at night. Bolt.
haha, the power of the NTU internal network :P
IRC rocks!
And the day ends before I knew it.
Day 3, Wed.
Meet up at 3pm for a briefing by Kliff for a canvassing project from him. He is the Ex Chief Programmer from last year's FOC, and now he is using his skills to manage a event. Now that the whole canvassing is on me, I had to rack my brains to think of how to get manpower from FOC for canvassing on a school day...... Zzz......
But after the meetup, went back to National Institute of Education where my group of block mates from hall are supporting the Volleyball Men Team.


Had lots of fun playing with 3 DSLRs! DSLRs reaction to focusing is so much faster and clearer, and after today, I then realised that actually, it's not that hard to a DSLR.
There is something called "2nd Hand".
And the price is 1/2.....
At $400-$500, I can actually get a decent one already!!!!!
And as a Singaporean, it really took me quite L O N G to realise this -_-"
Yar, although it now looks so much cheaper, but it's still quite expensive considering the fact that I have just quitted a job which was plan to last for 1 month, but ended up lasting 3 days as I realised that in the end, I still have so much school stuff to settle that I can't just "work" on top of the "work". So the next "logical" plan is to do up a "photography blog" first, see the response and decide if I should get a DSLR for "work" during school term.
Target: If I am able to raise $200 for less than 5 events that I can get with my 2 cameras I will buy a $500 DSLR and start my new journey.
Anyway, at night, I was asked to help take photo for the Chingay training.



And this is one of my Wushu friend I met last year.
There's a few more in the Chingay performance :)

And the shirt.
Hai... have been around the school taking photos for quite a few events already.
Even some of the main comm thought I was like a "main comm photographer".
And some thought that I was "everywhere" in "every CAC event" to take photo because it's my "hobby".......
I am not CraZily in love with photography yet to RUSH EverYwhere to do this kind of "hobby"!! It's just that I had a camera most of the time because I don't want to missed out any things that past me.
And regarding the "every CAC event", everyone see me because every CAC member is invited. And becuase "every CAC member" is invited, they always asked me to be the photographer and because it happened that I will be there as well, I agreed. So I sort of become the "CAC photographer" because I appear for all main meetups so far.....
Although it's fun lah, but I still don't really like to take so many pictures so that I can "hand up my work".
Used me too many times liao lah!
But if I am really outside of school, I will not have said "okay" to the email" and "everyone" who have been calling me to ask if I am able to help for the event....
But it's still quite interesting to realised that when their Chingay boss ask them if they have any friends to help, everyone had a friend and in the end, they only called 1 person -_-"
(yar that's me).
haha :)
Ok, anyway, the plan is to stay till Wed night and home sweet home....
But I still have some work to do, such as rotating and selecting pictures and sending it to "dunno who". (just sent to the indirect bosses who asked me bah...)
Anyway, FOC biz mag stuff workload is piling up and it doesn't seems like it's getting lesser as days goes by.... so it seems like there won't be a time when I can just feel "released" with nothing to do.
Oh well, look forward to whatever good things that come bah :)
Hall BBQ, Christmas celebrations, new photography blog in the making, new DLSR to wish for.....
haha, live life with a smile....
:)
First, the only thing that is in plan is purely "work".
Anyway, I actually planned to come back hall on Sunday right after I go out with my parents, for the first time in this school semester.
But in the end, I decided to stay at home for the night after going out with my parents, as the fact that I am going to stay in room alone again turns me off.
So, we went Chinatown!
And this is the MRT station.
Actually nothing to get excited about as I was here to report for work for just 4 days from last week -_-"
The "FULL of 墨水" walls certainly makes the place "Smarter".
(墨水= ink, which means intelligence)
Anyway, we went to the "newest" market (Chinatown market upgraded) and tried to look for some old delicacies.
But everything looks nice so in the end, we just order some random food to share.
And this is the $16 fish dish.
It's super huge for 1/2 a fish head.
Then I still remember 6 months ago, I came here and my colleague ordered sambal chilli "something"
And the chilli is AmAzinGly tasty.... so I tried to order it for my parents to try, hoping I ordered the right one.
But the key word is "something".......
so it didn't turn out the way I want it -_-"
Anyway, it's still tasty lah.... but they charge us $8 for that!!! Zzz....
Next time I must remember that hawkers will "upsize" everything if we didn't mention and I am not going to let them upsize without my knowledge again.
The first dish is SO BIG already and they still help us make the 2nd dish BIGGER -_-"
Smart sia. And thinking of the poor South African kids, my mum finished the fish and I cleared the chicken.....
The place still looks interesting :)
And the "Made in China" lights really doesn't last long I guess.
haha :P
But it's still gives the 要烂不烂 feeling, but I think that's what makes this place unique bah :)
Oh yar, and talking about work.... I quitted shortly as I realised FOC have some bigger stuff waiting for me to do, and I don't have much time to do it if planned to work....
So between the 2, I had to make a choice.
1) Earn money and feed-a-Jiahe for now and next semester.
2) Do FOC stuff and maybe live life a bit easier.... afterall it will be a 6 day work week and maybe 7 sometimes....
Be a MaN, do the right ThinG.
Rusell Peters
Guess I am affected by the "Chinese" from "China" mentally afterall. haha 0_O"
Max the chairperson knew about it and asked if my financial status would be alright.... told him that I am afterall the "Biz Mag" of FOC, and I will be alright.
haha! Yar, I will find my ways.
Just some things in plan:
1. make a blog to advertise for some cheap photography.
2. Jiahe's cheap and good 9 min quick cut barber shop at blk 51. haha! (just thinking only, and it's faster than the market!! ha, no guarantee it will turn out right :P)
Next day morning!
Hall sweet Hall.....
All the rest (especially the freshies) are here because of Interhall Games. And that explains why most of the night I hear laughters from my windows before I go to sleep.
Day 1 was Monday, 15 Dec 08
I came back and stayed because of FOC meeting at 6pm.
Up.. up the stairs. And Charlie the Cat was there at level 5 to scare the "panting like mad" Jiahe off.
That's the name of this female cat, given by the freshies of my block.
haha, hope a Delta Dog comes join in the fun soon :P
Time flies even if I am enjoying it or not.
Shortly, it's 6pm.
We had our meeting at one of the school's Student Lounge, when I was there at 6 exactly, there's no one....... haha, am always the first one in most meetups although my timing was the "latest" possible. Anyway, it ended at around 9+.
Anyway, I have set a few task for myself to complete for this week.... hope I am "happy" enough to start having enough energy for me to complete all my tasks.
Day 2
Work work..... but didn't really had much mood to work so work super slowly. Close to nothing in the end I guess -_-"
Anyway, this is the first time I see my hall trees bloom flowers so shall just note it down.
Dunno why leaves and flowers always grow on the other side of my block first, and this tree is always halved.
And you know why I hate to be in the room alone?
The world looks like this from the inside.
Anyway, went down 1 level to join my 2 MAE friends to watch a movie at night. Bolt.
haha, the power of the NTU internal network :P
IRC rocks!
And the day ends before I knew it.
Day 3, Wed.
Meet up at 3pm for a briefing by Kliff for a canvassing project from him. He is the Ex Chief Programmer from last year's FOC, and now he is using his skills to manage a event. Now that the whole canvassing is on me, I had to rack my brains to think of how to get manpower from FOC for canvassing on a school day...... Zzz......
But after the meetup, went back to National Institute of Education where my group of block mates from hall are supporting the Volleyball Men Team.
Had lots of fun playing with 3 DSLRs! DSLRs reaction to focusing is so much faster and clearer, and after today, I then realised that actually, it's not that hard to a DSLR.
There is something called "2nd Hand".
And the price is 1/2.....
At $400-$500, I can actually get a decent one already!!!!!
And as a Singaporean, it really took me quite L O N G to realise this -_-"
Yar, although it now looks so much cheaper, but it's still quite expensive considering the fact that I have just quitted a job which was plan to last for 1 month, but ended up lasting 3 days as I realised that in the end, I still have so much school stuff to settle that I can't just "work" on top of the "work". So the next "logical" plan is to do up a "photography blog" first, see the response and decide if I should get a DSLR for "work" during school term.
Target: If I am able to raise $200 for less than 5 events that I can get with my 2 cameras I will buy a $500 DSLR and start my new journey.
Anyway, at night, I was asked to help take photo for the Chingay training.
And this is one of my Wushu friend I met last year.
There's a few more in the Chingay performance :)
And the shirt.
Hai... have been around the school taking photos for quite a few events already.
Even some of the main comm thought I was like a "main comm photographer".
And some thought that I was "everywhere" in "every CAC event" to take photo because it's my "hobby".......
I am not CraZily in love with photography yet to RUSH EverYwhere to do this kind of "hobby"!! It's just that I had a camera most of the time because I don't want to missed out any things that past me.
And regarding the "every CAC event", everyone see me because every CAC member is invited. And becuase "every CAC member" is invited, they always asked me to be the photographer and because it happened that I will be there as well, I agreed. So I sort of become the "CAC photographer" because I appear for all main meetups so far.....
Although it's fun lah, but I still don't really like to take so many pictures so that I can "hand up my work".
Used me too many times liao lah!
But if I am really outside of school, I will not have said "okay" to the email" and "everyone" who have been calling me to ask if I am able to help for the event....
But it's still quite interesting to realised that when their Chingay boss ask them if they have any friends to help, everyone had a friend and in the end, they only called 1 person -_-"
(yar that's me).
haha :)
Ok, anyway, the plan is to stay till Wed night and home sweet home....
But I still have some work to do, such as rotating and selecting pictures and sending it to "dunno who". (just sent to the indirect bosses who asked me bah...)
Anyway, FOC biz mag stuff workload is piling up and it doesn't seems like it's getting lesser as days goes by.... so it seems like there won't be a time when I can just feel "released" with nothing to do.
Oh well, look forward to whatever good things that come bah :)
Hall BBQ, Christmas celebrations, new photography blog in the making, new DLSR to wish for.....
haha, live life with a smile....
:)
1 comment:
Post a Comment