Friday, August 16, 2013

So why does 24 hours doesn't seems enough?

So today, I realised it took me about a total of 2 hours, just to settle a missing payment from March 2013.

1. Tracking back old accounts, checking the bank records, take me about 30 mins.
2. contacting client, by email and fb, 30 mins. Type to and fro, some diversion to other to be in charge of helping me.  plus some calling.
3. 1 hour, just to change and reprint the invoice. Just printing along eats up 30 mins. Anyway, repaired laptop require 20 mins to find, download, and install the old existing drivers.

So the normal people works 8 hours a day. Easily 1/4 of the day lost when such a simple looking task appear. There's many other things that eats up time so easily, making us feel that we have not done much things.

Anyway, the key is to keep improving, never stopping and doing the same old things the same way in time to come. As for the scenario above, I have plans to get a accounting software, hope that it reminds me to collect old debts in time, make changes easily (including automation of invoice number, type, consolidation, final month/year account)., send for printing easily with the correct necessary details (so I can do less checking, yet achieve perfect numbers that tally and all).

Anyway, after 2 years, although it seems like I am forever busy, I am getting the hang of it.

I think I know what to do now, better be late to understood this whole thing than never! :P

No comments: