Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Tonight, I felt awake ~ this is good.

Not trying to say things that doesn't makes sense.
But this is one of the most profound conclusion of sleep that I discovered.
Being able to be in control, and be aware, that one is sleeping, will ensure that he can go to sleep, with control over one's thoughts, removing the worrying thought of "will I be able to sleep tonight...?" "What if I can't sleep tonight..?" "Will I be able to work with energy tomorrow..?" as these worrying questions can be answered wisely without doubt.

"I will sleep tonight so there's no problem to worry about".


Looked into my cupboard and found some good books that I have chalked up through the years, labelled "must read", but with no time (and mood) to read.

Starting to read the first book, most probably archived in my NTU Year 2, bought in school. Titled "Un-common Sense".

Tonight, I read 5 chapters. The advices from the author Dr Mel Gill seems very logical. It seems to be able to put bluntly complicated life into descriptive words, which I am constantly trying to decode and write down.

Some key words: Fear of change, isolation, need for companionship, fear of the lack of it, life is about learning and with people and circumstances which forces us to keep learning and learning, if we want to have a extraordinary life, we got to do things that are extraordinary, experience the extraordinary, and learn the extraordinary.

I am glad that I am one who is seemingly noob about life, therefore fearless, who keep trying and failing, a noob with so limited capabilities, and that makes me wonder more about life.

Final note about sleep:
It is not when I am the most tired, that I can sleep best.
It's when I am most awake, most aware, that I can finally ask myself to do the obvious - it's time to sleep.

No comments: